What you'll do:
- Envision and execute design for the product experience, from high-level user journeys and concept work to detailed interactions, flows, and visual design.
- Partner closely with engineering, product, and editorial teams to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges. Together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users.
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches. You set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate.
- Evaluate the success of existing products and features, and develop designs to support business objectives.
- Let users lead the way. Our users inform where we are going. Our teams focus on listening to users, and letting their needs guide us to the best solutions.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
Who you are:
- You have 5-7 years of digital product design experience. Digital media and/or editorial experience is a plus.
- You love big sweeping ideas but also enjoy the details. From product ideation and system thinking to kerning and grids, you demonstrate a capacity and enthusiasm for the spectrum of design.
- You have demonstrated experience leading the design process from start to finish. Whether creating a research plan, brainstorming, creating wireframes, crafting detailed UI/UX, prototyping, or just building a Powerpoint, you feel comfortable using a variety of methods and tools to go from idea to reality, bringing others along with you through the process.
- You have experience designing experiments — you know how to use hypotheses to drive solutions and apply qualitative and quantitative data to make design decisions.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and have shown an ability to bring clarity and structure to a complex system or user experience challenge.
- You have strong visual awareness and sensibilities.
- You’re a great communicator who can design frameworks to help us find opportunities, brainstorm and illustrate concepts, and effectively tell the stories of your ideas.
- You thrive when you’re working with a small team in an ever-changing environment. You are confident, willing to learn, and want to collaborate with others to design world-class experiences.
Please let Medium know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
August 16th, 2021
Job posted on
November 18th, 2020
Medium is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyWelcome to Medium, where words matter. Medium taps into the brains of the world’s most insightful writers, thinkers, and storytellers to bring you the smartest takes on topics that matter. So whatever ...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.