About the job:
- You'll work as part of an agile, cross functional team with other frontend engineers, backend engineers, and product designers.
- You will create production grade Python code and will implement solutions designed to handle incredibly high levels of traffic.
- Participate in building and owning new microservices that power our product.
- Build and take full ownership of components of the Hotjar Platform, in addition to building and maintaining dashboards monitoring essential application and business metrics.
- Mentor other team members through pair programming, code reviews, and ad-hoc assistance.
- Collaborate with engineers across the department to identify and build on improvements to our processes and systems, whilst having involvement in technical decision making.
- 5+ years background in benchmarking, optimizing, scaling, and taking care of high levels of traffic.
- Experience using Python and PostgreSQL.
- Familiarity with automated testing frameworks such as Selenium.
- Familiarity with distributed revision control systems such as Mercurial or Git.
- Fluent in English with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Will submit to a background check, confidentially processed by our third-party.
What we offer
- A remote and accomplished diverse and international team.
- An opportunity to positively impact people’s experience online and make the web a better place.
- Annual learning and development budget.
- Several perks designed for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance. (Holiday Budget, Wellbeing Allowance, Working Together Budget, 16 weeks paid parental leave, and much more).
Please let Hotjar know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
August 18th, 2021
Job posted on
October 16th, 2020
Hotjar is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyHotjar is a powerful product that reveals the online behavior and voice of a website’s users. By combining both analysis and feedback tools, Hotjar gives the ‘big picture’ of how to improve a site's us...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.