About the job:
- You'll work as part of an agile, cross functional team with other frontend engineers, backend engineers, and product designers.
- You will create production grade Python code and will implement solutions designed to handle incredibly high levels of traffic.
- Participate in building and owning new microservices that power our product.
- Build and take full ownership of components of the Hotjar Platform, in addition to building and maintaining dashboards monitoring essential application and business metrics.
- Mentor other team members through pair programming, code reviews, and ad-hoc assistance.
- Collaborate with engineers across the department to identify and build on improvements to our processes and systems, whilst having involvement in technical decision making.
- 5+ years background in benchmarking, optimizing, scaling, and taking care of high levels of traffic.
- Experience using Python and PostgreSQL.
- Familiarity with automated testing frameworks such as Selenium.
- Familiarity with distributed revision control systems such as Mercurial or Git.
- Fluent in English with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Will submit to a background check, confidentially processed by our third-party.
What we offer
- A remote and accomplished diverse and international team.
- An opportunity to positively impact people’s experience online and make the web a better place.
- Annual learning and development budget.
- Several perks designed for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance. (Holiday Budget, Wellbeing Allowance, Working Together Budget, 16 weeks paid parental leave, and much more).
Learn about Hotjar and their company culture.
Hotjar is a powerful product that reveals the online behavior and voice of a website’s users. By combining both analysis and feedback tools, Hotjar gives the ‘big picture’ of how to improve a site's user experience and performance/conversion rates. Our teamwork on the compelling challenges that come with large-scale web traffic and analytics, on a product that has a real impact on the thousands of users we support around the world. We work in an agile environment, 100% remotely, and actively encourage both personal and professional growth; always be learning is one of our core values.
Headquartered on the beautiful island of Malta, in the ‘heart’ of the Mediterranean, Hotjar is a successful start-up that operates on a fully remote basis, and with a key emphasis on personal development.
Learn about the technology and tools that Hotjar uses.
About this role
November 21st, 2021
October 16th, 2020