We help entrepreneurs build businesses - not just features.
We work holistically with our client partners as true product teams. We bring an ownership mentality to design, validation, and building great digital products. Our clients trust us because we focus on addressing risk head-on, learning quickly, and creating awesome products that customers love.
Our product strategists, designers and developers create incredible products that bring successful long-term partnerships and trusted referrals.
This approach, coupling an experimental-mindset with realistic and incremental software releases, results in a friendly, fun, and collaborative atmosphere where our colleagues and clients both have room to learn and grow.
See how our clients talk about our approach and check out some of the recognition we’ve received so far. Discover how we show our clients appreciation with unique holiday gifts each year. Or, if you’re a podcast fan, check out Seaworthy, where we explore ways to help companies grow and scale their business and ideas. We’re excited about what we’ve achieved in the last few years, but we’re just getting started. We need your help to take us to the next level!
At Headway, as a Product Strategist
You'll be bringing new digital products to life - working with a small multi-disciplinary team of designers, developers, and other talented product people.
Working closely with our team and clients, you will be validating product ideas, finding market opportunities, designing solutions, challenging assumptions, running experiments, presenting to stakeholders, and collaborating with the full product team to make new products a reality.
You'll help make decisions on product direction and stand up for creating value for both customers and the business.
A day in the life
During a typical work week, our crew members enjoy a balanced assignment of 35 hours on client projects with the ability to invest the other 5 hours on a combination of individual goals and team meetings. Each quarter, we take a full week away from client work to focus on team goals and internal project initiatives. These weeks alternate between a retreat-style destination that encourages team bonding and goal setting, and a more focused week-long design and development sprint at our primary office in Wisconsin. Check out some of our team week recaps and years in review to get a feel for how much fun it is to work at Headway!
What does success look like?
During your first 2-4 weeks at Headway, you’ll receive extensive on the job training and assignments. This training covers fundamentals of our core product processes and workflows, our core technologies, the way we delegate tasks within a product team, customer research strategies, validation approaches, tips for successful client interactions, and much more.
You’ll have dedicated pairing time scheduled with various colleagues to cover different skills, and we’ll even participate in several mock client sessions so you'll be confident going into your first client engagement. You'll be fully supported along the way. You'll join a product team, and will soon be contributing to designing and building awesome digital products.
Your needs and questions will always come first in this meeting, but other topics discussed include:
- Project status / team issues / weekly retro
- Individual quarterly goal progress
- Individual responses to our weekly team health questionnaire
Quarterly & Annual Reviews
Why should you apply?
- Work on exciting projects in the latest tech across a variety of industries including: Healthcare, FinTech, Education, Personal Growth & Training, Lifestyle & Social
- Collaborate with colleagues and clients to create products customers love
- Work with appreciative clients who seek out and value your input and feedback
- Strong leadership and top-notch colleagues to help you realize your full potential
- Career growth and leadership opportunities
Work, Play, & Everything in between
Friday Team Lunches
Every week we meet as a team to share personal and professional wins while we break bread.
A $5,000+ hardware package; MacBook Pro, peripherals, and more!
35 hrs/week for client work and 5 hrs/week for investment time. We also host workshops and meetups.
We all grow together. Have a clear path for professional development.
Work where you work best. We're remote-first. Need to take a break during the day? No problem.
Healthcare, Dental, & Vision
We cover 100% and offer PPO or HSA matching plans, and cover 100% of your dental insurance. We also offer vision coverage for a split cost.
Life & Disability Insurance
All full-time employees receive disability (Short and Long Term) and life insurance. (Term Life and AD&D) We also extend the opportunity for each employee to purchase additional term life and AD&D for yourself, spouse, and children.
2 Weeks PTO, unlimited UTO thereafter.
Headway HQ has a paid rest period between Christmas and the New Year.
Growing together and having fun. Hiking, snowboarding, hacking, team building, relaxing.
4 weeks of paid time off every year (vacation, sick-time, and holiday refresh).
Swag & Gatherings
Get all the free gear you need! We also host gatherings, meetups & workshops.
We match 100% of the first 3%, and 50% of the next 2%. If you contribute 5%, we contribute 4%.
The Hiring Process
If after we review your application and we choose to move forward, you will be moving along this path:
- Skills questionnaire
- Work history and aspirations chat with our People and Team Strategist
- Skills and performance interview with our Head of Product Strategy & Innovation
- Take-home exercise / assessment
- Team fit discussion with a member of the product strategy or design team
- Collaborating with Clients, Stakeholders, Designers, and Developers to make awesome products customers love
- Working with our Head of Product Strategy & Innovation to improve Product best practices
- Owning Customer Discovery for client engagements, including: customer interviews, surfacing and capturing key insights, synthesis and affinity mapping, personas, etc.
- Defining customer segments
- Aligning with clients on product success metrics
- Prototyping solutions in collaboration with designers and tech leads
- Mapping out the customer journey & key flows
- Designing business models
- Finding bottlenecks & opportunities to improve customer experience
- Facilitating workshop sessions to help the team & stakeholders move fast
- Planning release prioritization using user story mapping focused on customer outcomes
- Managing the product backlog & roadmap
- Designing experiments around key customer behaviors
- Identifying risks to the product's success and being vocal about how we might be able to reduce the risk
- Helping the team iterate rapidly to maximize learning in fast feedback loops
- Fast Learner, Absorbs new domains quickly
- Customer Research, Customer Interviews, Empathy
- Customer Journey maps, Personas
- Problem Space vs. Solution Space
- Confidence in Presenting
- Withholds Judgement
- Systems Thinking
- Sees Patterns
- Agile Team Experience: Sprint & Release Planning, User Stories, Managed Backlog, Daily Standups
- Solution Design / Wireframes
- Prototype Feedback / Usability Testing
- Go-Getter, Takes initiative, Ownership mentality
- Organized, Disciplined
- Continuous Learner
- Humble, Seeking Personal Growth
- Team Player & Collaborative
- Ready to go with Google Suite, Slack, etc.
- Group Facilitation / Workshops
- Stakeholder Management / Account Management
- Lean Startup Experience
- Risk Based Prioritization
- Running Experiments
- Startup Experience
- Sales Experience
- Value Proposition Design
- Marketing Tech
- Jobs to be Done
- Market Sizing
- Competitive Analysis
- Usability Testing
- Unit Economics
- P&L / Revenue Models
- Data Analytics & Visualization
- Data Transformation / SQL
- Software development background
- Experience in Autonomous Teams
Please let Headway know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
May 6th, 2021
Job posted on
January 17th, 2021
Headway is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyWe partner with startups & corporations to create successful software through business and product strategy, design, and development. We'll help you validate your ideas, define your business strat...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.