What You'll Be Doing
- Work closely with engineering team to define best practices and goals around availability
- Address common operational challenges through better telemetry and by building tools / services
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack
- Participate in design reviews and production reviews for new features, products or infrastructure components
- Plan for the growth of Figma’s infrastructure
- Operate and maintain AWS Infrastructure
What We Value
- 2+ years of experience operating infrastructure components / services at scale. You have a solid grasp of Computer Science fundamentals and have a strong interest in distributed systems
- You have experience managing infrastructure services in AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud
- You demonstrate unwavering commitment to operational security and best practices
- You are driven by impact. You are willing to work on grungy problems if they have a high impact on the business or the health of the infrastructure
- A track record for being able to diagnose problems within complex systems
- You care deeply about the quality of the software / systems you build. You have an artisan mindset and are always looking to improve your craft. At the same time you are able to strike the right balance between idealism and pragmatism
- You have excellent problem solving skills. You use a systematic and thorough approach. You think from first principles. You have a bias for action
- You have excellent technical communication skills
- Finally, Figma is a close-knit company with a strong culture that promotes inclusivity and collaboration, taking ambitious goals and having fun doing so. You deeply value these traits and see yourself actively contributing to it
Figma is the open design company founded in 2012 by Dylan Field and Evan Wallace. With our cloud-based screen design tool, teams achieve a shared understanding around design without worrying about syncing, exporting or installing software. Anyone involved in the product development process can share always up-to-date files with a link. That makes it easy to collaborate on the latest designs and prototypes and see their code attributes. Figma has simplified collaboration across the entire design process for thousands of companies like Microsoft, Slack and Uber and users, including designers, developers, product managers, marketers and others. To learn more and sign up for a free account visit www.figma.com.
Please let Figma know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
October 13th, 2021
Job posted on
December 9th, 2020
Figma is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyFigma is the first professional-grade, online tool created specifically for interface design. The tool is based entirely in the browser and enables teams to collaborate in real-time. It offers the spee...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.