About the Team
About the Role
- Designing and implementing backend services, focused on reliability, ease of adoption, and future extensibility
- Collaborating with engineers across the organization to identify common pain points and opportunities for leverage. What essential components should we build next?
- Maintain and operate mission-critical production services, meeting service level objectives
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Join a growing company and grow right along with us.
- Take on significant technical challenges and have a large impact.
- Have the ability to shape and improve our engineering culture.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have at least 5 years experience as a backend software engineer
- You have experience building and operating distributed systems at scale
- You love systems and software and are competent in both
- You apply a product mindset to infrastructure systems, and enjoy building products for other engineers like you
Nice to have...
- Kotlin, Java, or other JVM languages and frameworks, Go
- gRPC, Kafka, Cadence
- AWS, Kubernetes, Docker
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Please let DoorDash know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
August 16th, 2021
Job posted on
January 26th, 2021
DoorDash is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyAt DoorDash, our goal is to grow and empower local economies. To do this, we start by helping the merchants - the local businesses that create 60%+ of the jobs in every city. Our vision - which will ta...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.