- Build out and operate our foundational data infrastructure: storage (cloud data warehouse, S3 data lake), orchestration (Airflow), processing (Spark, Flink), streaming services (AWS Kinesis & Kafka), BI tools (Looker & Redash), graph database, and real-time large scale event aggregation store.
- Build the next iteration of our ingestion pipeline for scale, speed, and reliability. Read from a variety of upstream systems (MongoDB, Postgres, DynamoDB, MySQL, APIs), in both batch and streaming fashion, including change data capture. Make it self-service for non-engineers.
- Build and evolve the tools that empower colleagues across the company to access data and build reliable and scalable transformations. This includes UIs and simple frameworks for derived tables and dimensional modeling, APIs and caching layers for high-throughput serving, and SDKs for the orchestration of complex Spark and Flink pipelines.
- Build systems that secure and govern our data end to end: control access across multiple storage and access layers (including BI tools), track data quality, catalogue datasets and their lineage, detect duplication, audit usage and ensure correct data semantics
- Exhibit our core cultural values: positive energy, clear communication, efficient execution, continuous learning
- Data-oriented and product mindset
- Experience building data backend systems at scale with parallel/distributed compute
- Experience building API layers and microservices
- Experience with Python, Go and/or Java/Scala
- Knowledge of SQL
Preferred (not required)
- Experience using data tools and frameworks like Airflow, Spark, Flink, Hadoop, Presto, Hive, or Kafka
- Good understanding of common blockchain structure and features.
- Experience with AWS, and especially EMR, S3, Glue, Kinesis, IAM
- Computer Science or related engineering degree
What to send:
- A resume that describes scalable systems you've built
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Please let Coinbase know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
November 5th, 2021
Job posted on
May 3rd, 2021
To apply, you must have a permit to work in at least one of the following countries:
About the companyThe world’s leading exchange for digital currencies. Founded in June of 2012, Coinbase is a digital currency wallet and platform where merchants and consumers can transact with new digital currencies l...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.