SlideShare, a Scribd company, helps professionals:
- Learn faster and smarter on the topics they care most about by connecting them to bite-sized insights and knowledge from top experts.
- Share their insights and knowledge to become thought leaders by giving them a platform of 80M+ professionals.
About the team:
The responsibilities include:
- Managing and recruiting a small team of software engineers and site reliability engineers.
- Leading all aspects of technical project delivery, including system and architectural design, project planning, implementation, deployment, and operations.
- Developing a roadmap for evolving systems to support orders of magnitude growth of SlideShare.
- Owning how the team delivers code and reliably operate SlideShare (+100M monthly visits!).
- Motivating and instilling a strong sense of ownership and pride in your team. Being a presence that makes every engineer on the team better.
- Demonstrated progression in technical capability throughout your career and have been in a technical leadership position. You either have experience managing engineers or want to get into management.
- A strong problem-solving mindset that allows you to collaboratively work with product managers, designers, and engineers to efficiently turn ideas into working code that move business metrics.
- You are comfortable working across the entire stack (frontend, backend, infrastructure) and have developed and operated large-scale systems in a cloud-native environment.
- You have deep knowledge developing web applications, ideally in Ruby/Rails.
Benefits & Perks of Life at Scribd
- Health & Welfare Benefits: Scribd pays 100% of employee’s Medical, Vision, and Dental premiums and 70% of dependents.
- Leaves: Paid Parental leave, and 100% company paid short-term/long-term disability plans
- 401k plan through Fidelity, plus company matching with no vesting period
- Stock Options - every employee is an owner in Scribd!
- Generous Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Volunteer Day + office closure between Christmas Eve and New Years Day
- Referral bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion programs
- Learning & Development and Coaching programs
- Monthly flexible Wellness, Connectivity & Comfort Benefit
- Luma by Concern, our mental health digital platform
- Work Life Balance flexibility
- Company events + Scribdchats
- Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends & family
Please let Scribd know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
May 12th, 2021
Job posted on
December 21st, 2020
Scribd is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyWe believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of unique characters as we build the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collectio...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.