About the Web Development Team
Some of our Key Focus Areas:
- SEO - with a library of millions of books, audiobooks and documents, search engine optimization is about a lot more than having a good sitemap.
- Responsive Web - desktop, tablet, phone – whatever device you have, we want you to be able to read!
- Site speed. How fast is fast enough? Faster! Measure, optimize, repeat...
- Accessibility - do you know what ARIA attributes are? Ever use a screen reader? We’re bringing Scribd up to WCAG level-AA to make reading work for folks who use assistive technology
- Front end infrastructure - We strongly believe in code reuse and simplicity. We are working on shareable react component library to make our product development simple, fast and consistent.
- You're curious, humble, and interested in learning. You like and value people! You have good taste - you don't have to be a designer, but you should take pride in your work and want to make our app a beautiful, delightful reading experience.
- You Have:
- Experience working on backend services in any server side language - Go, Python, Java, C#, Ruby.
- Experience with continuous integration environments like Gitlab, Jenkins, CircleCI , TeamCity etc.
- Knowledge of npm, yarn, babel and webpack.
- Passionate about testing. Previous experience writing unit and integration tests with frameworks like Jest, Rspec, Enzyme, Cypress, Selenium, WebdriverIO etc.
- Experience building features using an A/B testing framework.
- Experience de-bugging issues in a complex modern web architecture which includes: distributed systems, CDN, image servers, databases, asynchronous web services, CSRF, cross site scripting, etc.
Benefits & Perks of Life at Scribd
- Health & Welfare Benefits: Scribd pays 100% of employee’s Medical, Vision, and Dental premiums and 70% of dependents.
- Leaves: Paid Parental leave, and 100% company paid short-term/long-term disability plans
- 401k plan through Fidelity, plus company matching with no vesting period
- Stock Options - every employee is an owner in Scribd!
- Generous Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Volunteer Day + office closure between Christmas Eve and New Years Day
- Referral bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion programs
- Learning & Development and Coaching programs
- Monthly flexible Wellness, Connectivity & Comfort Benefit
- Luma by Concern, our mental health digital platform
- Work Life Balance flexibility
- Company events + Scribdchats
- Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends & family
Please let Scribd know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
August 22nd, 2021
Job posted on
January 23rd, 2021
Scribd is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyWe believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of unique characters as we build the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collectio...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.