About the team:
- Leading and implementing projects that deliver value to engineers at Scribd while considering quality, maintainability, performance, scale, and observability.
- Driving framework & language upgrades - establishing & executing on a plan to keep up-to-date with the latest & greatest our technologies have to offer
- Contributing to improvements to our CI/CD workflows & optimizing our automated test suites
- Modernizing our tool suite - with newer & better maintained open-source alternatives, or more performant technologies & implementations.
- Improving or building solutions that address technical debt, architectural gaps and other impediments that slow engineers down.
- Advocacy & empowerment - building functionality & tooling is important, being able to advocate the benefits to tool changes, new processes, and the link may be more-so
- Strong background with 5 or more years of industry experience
- Considerable experience with one of - Ruby on Rails, or Go
- Interest in building high-impact tools and empowering engineers.
- Experience shipping clean, maintainable code that works.
- Background in algorithms with a focus on applied problem solving.
- Experience with Docker, AWS ECS and/or Kubernetes is preferred but not mandatory
Benefits & Perks of Life at Scribd
- Health & Welfare Benefits: Scribd pays 100% of employee’s Medical, Vision, and Dental premiums and 70% of dependents.
- Leaves: Paid Parental leave, and 100% company paid short-term/long-term disability plans
- 401k plan through Fidelity, plus company matching with no vesting period
- Stock Options - every employee is an owner in Scribd!
- Generous Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Volunteer Day + office closure between Christmas Eve and New Years Day
- Referral bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion programs
- Learning & Development and Coaching programs
- Monthly flexible Wellness, Connectivity & Comfort Benefit
- Luma by Concern, our mental health digital platform
- Work Life Balance flexibility
- Company events + Scribdchats
- Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends & family
Please let Scribd know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
August 16th, 2021
Job posted on
January 9th, 2021
Scribd is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyWe believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of unique characters as we build the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collectio...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.