- Maintain and develop a service-oriented backend
- Analyze and identify bottlenecks in performance
- Design secure, stable, and robust architecture
- Improve monitoring of production services to catch warning signs and critical conditions
- Collaborate with frontend engineers to add support for complex user interfaces
- Collaborate with devops to deploy new services and databases
- Expertise writing backend web services in Golang
- Experience using a Linux server environment
- Ability to independently debug problems involving the network and operating system
A strong candidate will also
- Be familiar with with deployment using Docker
- Have experience with protocol buffers
- Have experience with SQL and Redis
- Be proficient with HTTPS and Websockets
- Have experience using AWS
- Be passionate about fast, efficient software
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Learn more about us:
Learn about Kraken and their company culture.
Based in San Francisco, Kraken is the world’s largest global bitcoin exchange in euro volume and liquidity. Kraken’s clients also trade USD, CAD, ETH, XRP, LTC, and other digital currencies, on a platform consistently rated the best and most secure bitcoin exchange by independent news media.
Kraken’s employees are generally not listed on LinkedIn due to the company’s security policy.
Founded in 2011, Kraken was the first bitcoin exchange to have its market data displayed on the Bloomberg Terminal, the first to pass a cryptographically verifiable proof-of-reserves audit, and one of the first exchanges to offer leveraged bitcoin margin trading. Kraken is trusted by millions of traders, institutions, and authorities across the world, from Toyko’s court-appointed trustee to Germany’s BaFin regulated Fidor Bank. In January 2016, Kraken announced that it was acquiring prominent bitcoin exchanges Coinsetter and Cavirtex to expand into American and Canadian markets. In 2019 Kraken acquired Crypto Facilities a registered futures platform.
Kraken is backed by investors including, Money Partners Group, Hummingbird Ventures, Blockchain Capital, and Digital Currency Group, among others.
"We wake up every single day determined to change the world by delivering a great exchange. Bitcoin is more than just a new way to make purchases. It’s even more than a protocol for exchanging value over the internet without an intermediary. We are empowering people to live simply, efficiently and more connected to others. We put our clients’ best interests first and foremost. They are at the heart of our company and drive everything we do. We believe in having a laser focus when pursuing our strategic goals and participate only in markets where we can make a significant contribution. We believe in complete transparency, deep collaboration and we never forget that people come first. Having this mindset allows us to grow and advance at a rate which others cannot."
Jesse Powell, CEO of Kraken
Learn about the technology and tools that Kraken uses.
About this role
November 11th, 2021
December 15th, 2020