In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Design, maintain and expand our infrastructure defined in code (IaC)
- Create, build and manage shared engineering resources for alerting, logging, backups, disaster recovery, and monitoring
- Participate in an on-call rotation, supporting underlying infrastructure, and coach engineering teams on monitoring and operating their own microservices
- Define and provide right-sized access to engineering resources such as Github, AWS, and monitoring tools
- Help us build, grow, and scale our business by defining the direction of our infrastructure architecture
- Guide our engineers in building resilient microservices that are in-line with our infrastructure's best practices
We're looking for someone who:
- Has experience administering at least one Linux distribution in production (we use CentOS VMs and Debian-based containers)
- Has working knowledge of continuous deployment/integration and concepts (we use CircleCI, Amazon ECR, and Rundeck)
- Has experience with configuration management and orchestration tooling such as Ansible, Salt, Chef, or Puppet (we use Ansible)
- Has a familiarity with cloud service providers, preferably AWS (we lean heavily on VPC, EC2, IAM, and RDS for underlying infrastructure, and CloudFormation for IaC)
- Understands Docker semantics for building and running containerized workloads
- Has experience automating tasks with bash, and at least one higher-level language (we use Python, Developers use Ruby)
- Values open communication and working on an exceptionally transparent team
- Is eager to teach and learn from your team. We value making each other successful!
At Wealthsimple, we embrace difference. We believe that getting to the best outcomes requires diverse perspectives and backgrounds. We create space where all voices can be heard so that we can all do our life's best work. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Please let Himalayas know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
February 21st, 2021
Job posted on
January 5th, 2021
Himalayas is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyCOVID-19 has caused a permanent shift towards remote work. Twitter and Square have said that staff can work remotely permanently. Shopify is closing its offices until 2021 “And after that, most will pe...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.