The Technical Writing & Documentation team at Datadog falls under our Community organization here at Datadog. On this team, you will be collaborating with both Evangelism & Education teams to drive the documentation efforts, as well updating our engineering blogs. The team is located in various locations around the world, including both our New York & Paris offices.
We are seeking technical writers who will drive our documentation efforts in collaboration with both internal engineering groups and our wider open source developer community. We are a team of engineers and evangelists who focus on enabling Datadog's user and developer community to build great things on Datadog's cloud monitoring platform. In this role you will be hands on with the technologies Datadog monitors, as you create new and improve existing documentation for our APIs, SDKs, and community developed integrations.
- Partner with our engineering teams to create public user documentation throughout the application development life cycle.
- Dig into source code for community and internally developed systems to collect technical details for documentation.
- Create developer facing documentation and training materials for Datadog's SDKs and APIs to foster the growth of our developer community.
- Collaborate with our open source community to develop documentation standards
- You have publicly available technical writing samples.
- You are fluent reading and writing in at least 2 programming languages. (eg Ruby, Python, Go, bash).
- You are comfortable and familiar with modern infrastructure such as IaaS cloud services and containers.
- You enjoy self driven exploration and education on new technologies and languages.
- You have written or managed server-side software.
- You are able to transform dry technical topics into engaging, informative and interesting educational materials.
- You have experience producing videos which distill complex technical concepts into content easily understood by both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You enjoy public speaking at meetups, conferences, and internal events.
Please let Datadog know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
May 5th, 2021
Job posted on
October 16th, 2020
About the companyModern monitoring & analytics. See inside any stack, any app, at any scale, anywhere Datadog is a monitoring and analytics platform for large-scale application infrastructure and applications. C...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.