Life as an Engineer at Cleo
- We don’t deliberate exhaustively over all the what-ifs. We focus on being effective. We make small changes and test them quickly.
- We think the deliberate, conscious and careful accumulation of tech debt is a powerful tool that lets us ship code and value to our users faster.
- We write code to be read, debugged and maintained by humans.
- We help each other. We learn the best and quickest by reviewing each others’ code and giving each other useful, constructive feedback.
- Squids: focus on activation and building useful financial tools
- Money: focus improve users financial health by improving access to our financial product
- Boost: focus on retention by ensuring our users engage with Cleo regularly
What we’re looking for
- We’re looking for someone who wants to make a positive difference in society by improving the financial health of over 3 million users worldwide.
- We are acutely aware of the position of many of our customers and our role in trying to help and serve them. This means you take the initiative. You are a passionate doer. You own our problems and are always learning.
- You join us in our belief that we don’t know everything and empower our colleagues to make progress. Anyone at Cleo can have an idea and we’ll support them to test it.
- We are trying to be the change we want to see in the world. You purposefully give energy to those around you and inspire confidence. You create an environment that’s inclusive and empowers others to do their best work. You respect your colleagues and our customers.
Why should I apply?
- There’s a clear engineering career growth framework. Whether you want to develop your career as a sole contributor or head down the engineering management track, you can grow with us!
- You’ll be joining an open and collaborative team where you’ll be heard and get to make a difference
- You’ll be joining a team of respected frontend engineers
- Work where you work best … we’re fully remote for the rest of the year
- Work when you work best … we have flexible hours to enable you to work at your best
- 4+ years experience building complex customer facing products for the web or mobile platforms
- Strong experience using React and/or React Native and a deep understanding of state management
- You are product and delivery focused
- You are adaptable and creative, with a commitment to improvement and learning
What do you get for all your hard work?
- 4.30 finish every Friday
- 25 days Annual leave a year
- Annual off-site abroad
- Monthly cross-team lunch-and-learns & external speakers as part of a general learning culture
- Online courses to level up your skills like coding, sql or whatever else you need
- Choose your own gear, ask for the tools you need, and we’ll seek them out for you
- Employer-matched pension contribution up to 4%
- Cleo socials and activities
- Annual membership to headspace
- 2 mental-health Sanctus sessions a month
Please let Cleo know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
May 28th, 2021
Job posted on
November 28th, 2020
Cleo is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyLight a candle for your bank – when you’re better informed, you’re harder to exploit. We launched in 2016 because banking is boring and broken, and are a ‘fast-growing start-up’ backed by the founder...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.