Tech stack (evolving):
What you'll do:
- Contribute to the design/architecture new initiatives such as real time streaming pipelines, tooling around data governance, build job orchestration abstractions to manage resources on AWS
- Collaborate with the team to build tools for data science/marketing teams
- Design integration pipelines for new data sources and improve existing pipelines to perform efficiently at scale
- Provide technical guidance to the team
- Leverage best practices in continuous integration and deployment to our cloud-based infrastructure
- Optimize data access and consumption for our business and product colleagues
Who you are:
- 4+ years of professional experience working in data warehousing, data architecture, and/or data engineering environments, especially using spark, hadoop, hive etc with solid understanding of streaming pipelines.
- At least 1+ years of experience in streaming pipeline development
- Proficiency in at least one high-level programming language (Scala, Java, Python or equivalent)
- Good understanding of databases
- BS / MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- You have built large-scale data products and understand the tradeoffs made when building these features
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms
- You have an excellent knowledge of distributed computing frameworks such as Hadoop MapReduce, Spark.
- You have a strong knowledge of following AWS infrastructure - EMR, S3, Redshift
- You have strong understanding of data quality, governance
- You are a team player, self-driven, highly motivated individual who loves to learn new things
- Experience in Machine Learning infrastructure
- Experience in Search Engines
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Flexible Remote
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development & Ergonomic Work Space Stipends
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019 & 2020)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work (2019)
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
Please let Stash know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
April 22nd, 2021
Job posted on
November 9th, 2020
Stash is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyStash is pioneering the future of personal finance with the first financial subscription that helps people create better lives. From budgeting to saving for retirement, Stash unites banking, investing,...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.