In this role, you’ll:
- Collaborate with data scientists to implement novel data corrections to the data.
- Partner with our product team to explore new ways of combining multiple types of data to gain better consumer insights.
- Develop high-quality new features (70% hands-on design/coding/development/delivery, 30% mentoring junior engineers on the team).
- Proactively identify and remove challenging performance bottlenecks.
- Proven track record (5+ years) delivering high-quality systems built using Spark, Hive, and Presto (along with Scala, Java and/or Python)
- Experience working with data pipelines, event-driven architecture
- Experience with container and orchestration frameworks (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Ability to identify Product MVPs and build fast
- Intolerance for sloppy code
- Solid understanding of Computer Science Fundamentals
- Experience building innovative solutions under flux and constraints
- Understanding of FinTech systems
- Familiarity with Terraform, Argo Workflows
Our Tech Stack/Development Tools:
Working at Second Measure:
- Highly competitive compensation, systematized to promote fairness and break down traditional gender, race, and age pay gaps
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their families
- 401(k) with company matching (up to 4% of annual salary)
- Unlimited paid time off and flexible work arrangements
- Generous paid parental leave
- Pre-tax FSAs and commuter benefits
- Life insurance, disability plans, and legal assistance
Note on remote ability:
Please let Second Measure know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
May 14th, 2021
Job posted on
November 23rd, 2020
Second Measure is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companySecond Measure is a Silicon Valley technology company and leading provider of data analytics that deliver valuable insights into company performance and consumer behavior. Investors use these tools fo...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.