At Olo, we develop an online food ordering platform used by many of the country's largest restaurant chains, reaching millions of consumers. Chances are, if you've ordered directly from a restaurant brand's app or website, we've made that happen.
As part of the team, reporting to an Engineering Manager, you will play a significant and visible role in helping us scale one of the most advanced food ordering platforms in the market. You will develop, scale, and monitor solutions, improvements, and services across our ordering platform. We ask that you have experience throughout our stack. One day you'll be deep in a React front-end, the next you'll work on a complex back-end service.
We aim to collaborate well. We encourage new ideas and experimentation. No part of the codebase is off-limits. We take pride in a neat codebase with automated tests and continuous integration and encourage constant refactoring. You'll work with a passionate team dedicated to delivering amazing products using modern technologies.
You can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo's headquarters in NYC on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center.
What You'll Do
- Design reliable, but simple solutions to complex problems at scale.
- Demonstrate broad knowledge of software engineering concepts across the entire stack.
- Observe system performance in your domain and identify the latest problems.
- Assess and resolve production incidents that arise in the components your team manages.
- Participate in the mix of frontend and backend work as it changes from one project to the next.
- Research and propose new technologies to apply.
- Look for diverse perspectives, and challenging business and technical assumptions.
How We Work
- Our tech stack is rooted in .NET (C# and F#), React, Sass, Ember, and SQL Server running in AWS infrastructure and modern software engineering tools such as GitHub, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Datadog, and Sumo Logic, and heavy use of OSS.
- We foster a culture of collaboration, communication, skill-sharing, belonging, mutual respect, and curiosity.
- System Reliability Engineering, Scalability, and Security are embedded throughout our software process.
- We practice Whole Team Quality, no throwing code over the wall.
- We are outcome not output focused.
- We write tests, and lots of them–a feature isn't done until its testing has been automated.
Olo is the engine of hospitality powering the restaurant industry's digital transformation. As a leading open SaaS platform, we enable over 600 restaurant brands to jointly reach 85 million connected guests across approximately 84,000 locations. More than two million orders per day run on Olo's platform, allowing brands to maximize the convergence of digital and brick-and-mortar operations while raising the bar on hospitality. The result: brands do more with less and make every guest feel like a regular. With integrations to over 300 technology partners, our customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market. You have likely used Olo and not even known it! Learn more at olo.com
We’re remote-friendly. Since 2015, we have been evolving our culture to continue to support a more distributed workforce and now over 75% of our team works remotely across the U.S. If you're in the New York City area, you can choose to work remotely or from Olo's headquarters, located in Tribeca.
We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of paid time off, 10 separate sick days, 11 holidays plus year-end closure, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, a 401k match, remote-office stipend, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, volunteer time off, gift matching policy, and more!
Our best estimate of the compensation range for this opportunity is $130-175K annually for a Senior I and $155-200K annually for a Senior II, depending on the experience you bring and your location. We look forward to discussing your salary expectations and our full total rewards offerings throughout the interview process.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team makes our workplace better. Don't meet every single qualification in the job description? Market data shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, that is free from discrimination and harassment; this allows us to make better decisions and better serve the communities we’re a part of. So if you're excited about this role but your previous experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility, please contact us at [email protected]