GitHub works remotely and asynchronously as much as possible. While this role does not require you to live near our office, it will require some travel to meet with co-workers or attend company events. This role may require working non-standard working hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Act as a single point of contact for the customers to provide supportability, performance, and best practice advice and assessment related to GitHub and customer's infrastructure
- Understand and maintain documentation around the customer infrastructure, workflows and configuration of GitHub Enterprise or Business Cloud instance.
- Solve complex customer support tickets often involving Linux servers, source code, and web application issues.
- On behalf of the customer, coordinate with other teams at GitHub when additional expertise is needed
- Actively monitor customer tickets during business hours, and work urgent and high requests
- Coordinate with others to initiate, join, or monitor Zoom/ Screen share sessions as requested by customers
- Provide escalation assistance as needed for all other Premium tickets
- Perform Root Cause Analysis, Ticket Analysis and system health checks for Premium customers a needed
- Participate and lead the Quarterly Business reviews for the assigned accounts by presenting metrics, data and health check summary and recommendations.
- Work proactively with customers on activities such as coordinating upgrades, communicating upcoming features, and ensuring their installation is running smoothly.
- Work with the GitHub Services team on any customer professional services engagements, though does not provide direct professional services style services to the customer.
- 3+ years of experience in a related function is required. Direct customer advocacy and engagement experience in post-sales or professional services functions.
- Successfully managed customer engagements to completion and customer satisfaction. Enthusiasm for working directly with customers
- Excellent analytical skills & problem solving skills, combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems.
- Exceptional verbal and written organizational, presentation, and communication skills.
- Must be customer service oriented and believe in teamwork, collaboration, adaptability & Initiative.
- Demonstrable success in thinking strategically, executing tactically while providing consistent and high levels of customer satisfaction and retention in a fast paced environment.
- Competitive & competitively aware. Proficient at explaining strengths & vulnerabilities.
- Willingness to travel periodically based on customer and business need
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with some flavor of production-level virtual machine (e.g., VMware ESX, Xen, KVM)
Bonus points if you have:
- Worked closely with large complex customer accounts
- Familiarity with Git and GitHub
- Experience with phone support
- Ability to look through and understand code (Ruby / Bash)
- Previous experience as a Linux System Administrator
- Previous experience providing on-site consulting or professional services
Who We Are:
Why You Should Join:
Please let GitHub know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
August 23rd, 2021
Job posted on
January 23rd, 2021
GitHub is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyGitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 31 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 97+ million repositories...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.