Frame.io is changing the future of how videos are made by helping over 1 million creative professionals seamlessly collaborate from all over the world.
About the Role
Engineering at Frame.io is about more than just writing code - it's crafting unique experiences, building products that inspire creativity and allow our users to do great work. We expect our engineers to care about how our products are built, how they look, how they feel, and how they function. As their leader, you should care about these things too!
- Make their team better at their jobs. We want you to change the trajectory of your team members’ careers.
- Advocate for them. Look for opportunities for them within the organization and beyond.
- Unblock them. Help them work at their maximum potential - working with other teams in the company to make sure that nothing gets in their way.
- A love of people management, great products and product design
- Past experience of planning, executing, and delivering projects with multiple engineers in an agile environment. Note the use of a lowercase 'a' in 'agile' – we're pragmatic, and it would be pretty awesome if you were too.
- 5+ years of experience working across the full-stack. You don't need to have mastered any one side, but understanding a spectrum of technologies at varying degrees of expertise is important.
- 3+ years of experience writing client side web code utilizing React, Ember, Vue or similar. (We use React, Redux and Styled Components for our web app).
- 2+ years of people management experience would be good, but if you’ve spent 2 years thinking about people management, then we’d like to speak to you too.
- Managing our Front End Engineering team - coach them, advocate for them, unblock them - basically make them happy and productive human beings.
- Providing technical leadership to the engineers and be accountable for the technical decisions made on your team
- Work closely with Product, Design, and other cross-functional partners to create a meaningful vision and roadmap for the team - once a feature ships, you'll pay close attention to the impact of the work, and iterate towards a successful outcome
- Grow, educate, hire, and retain a high-performing team with high delivery cadence in an agile environment
- Build of culture of engineering excellence with a focus on performance, scalability, privacy, and security
- Competitive salary and equity
- Paid parental leave for primary or secondary caregivers
- Unlimited PTO and designated Volunteering paid time off
- Work From Anywhere Week
- Yearly stipend for learning and development
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and OneMedical membership
- Pre-tax commuter benefit and Flexible Spending Account
- Daily catered lunch & fully stocked kitchen with cold brew on tap
- Discounted gym membership, Classpass discount and Free Citi-Bike membership
Our philosophy is simple. At Frame.io, we believe that working with people of different backgrounds and perspectives allows us to elevate each other and helps us build a better product for our users.
Please let Frame.io know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
August 21st, 2021
Job posted on
October 12th, 2020
Frame.io is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyWe picture a world where creativity is limitless. Join us if you share our vision. Some of the ways we’ll make you feel at home. Because being at the office doesn’t have to feel like work Unlimited ...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.