About the Position
- Our backend infrastructure is built on the Google Cloud Platform.
- Our backend infrastructure is primarily Java.
- Our platform uses microservices that talk to SQL and NoSQL databases and handle an immense load.
- You'll be involved in schema design, ownership of data semantics, and a lot of squinting at server metrics trying to puzzle out why database write latency spiked in the 99th percentile and moved the emphasis in “near-real-time” from “real” to “near.”
- Interfacing with product teams to ensure correct design and implementation.
Experience and Skills
- Strong experience with distributed systems
- Experience leading a release/project, working with and guiding a team of talented engineers
- Experience in collaborating with cross-functional peers and take a project from requirements to design to implementation meeting relevant milestones
- Experience defining standards on how product features and services are built by multiple teams is a plus
- Willingness to work as part of a team to achieve shared commitments
- Calmly work in a fast-paced environment to ensure continuous delivery
- Experience providing structured mentorship and guidance for less experienced engineers, helping them break tasks down, providing thoughtful code reviews, and taking responsibility for the growth of the engineers on your team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid fundamentals with Linux
Please let Airship know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
April 23rd, 2021
Job posted on
January 5th, 2021
Airship is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyMarketing and digital experience teams at thousands of the world’s most admired companies rely on Airship’s Customer Engagement Platform to create deeper connections with customers by delivering incred...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.