Barrel is a creative and digital marketing agency. We work with growing brands to build digital platforms and launch marketing campaigns. Clients include L’Oreal, Amazon, Barry’s, Well+Good, Dr. Jart+, and Scholastic as well as various emerging consumer lifestyle brands.
A Solutions Architect is responsible for estimating and scoping projects, technical project planning, and ensuring that projects are completed to specification within an established time frame and budget. A Solutions Architect is a subject matter expert within the company regarding technology related to full-stack web development, ecommerce, and content management.
We are currently looking for a Solutions Architect to join our remote-first team. You can work from anywhere as long as you are able to work for the majority of our Eastern Time work hours of 10AM to 6PM.
- Analyze, plan and develop requirements and standards in reference to project plans
- Assign and oversee the daily tasks of technical personnel while ensuring all subordinates are actively working toward established milestones
- Research and evaluate software technology options and weigh the cost/benefit analysis when relying on third-party platforms, apps, plugins, services, etc.
- Conduct research and assist on new business estimating/scoping efforts
- Brainstorm and communicate technical solutions directly with clients in a courteous and professional manner
- Understand our clients and their businesses to best solve their challenges
- Ensure that correct technology processes are being employed and followed on projects
- Contribute to best practices, workflows, and standards and company knowledge sharing.
- Present simple solutions and alternatives to complex and pricey problems.
- Lead and oversee developers while assisting with execution on current projects with new tasks.
- Help team write and improve automated and continuous integration, testing, release, and deployments
- At least five years of professional experience in web development on cross-functional teams. Agency experience is a plus.
- Code portfolio. Link us to your GitHub account, upload a .zip, or both.
- Proficiency in verbal and written English and commands confidence in presentation.
- Ability to communicate professionally with technical and non-technical colleagues and clients.
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical field a plus.
Barrel offers competitive salary, health/dental/vision coverage, paid vacation, half-day Fridays all year round, remote home setup stipend, profit sharing, 401k match and a professional development stipend. Most importantly, we work on projects that truly impact our clients’ businesses and attract team members who love to be challenged with tough problems and fast-paced work.
To apply, please fill out our online application form below. We will not accept applications that do not come through the online application form.