What you'll do:
- Prioritize and manage the roadmap based on a wide range of inputs.
- Develop deep knowledge of the problems you’re addressing for customers. Articulate and frame those problems as opportunities for your team.
- Think big and collaborate with your team to imagine innovative solutions.
- Evaluate the impact of the things your team ships to customers.
- Motivate a group of committed, smart people to do great work.
What we’re looking for:
- Multiple years of experience building a strategy and then executing on it.
- You are comfortable leading and influencing a team without being their direct manager.
- You have launched and grown products in the past.
- You are comfortable in the entire development cycle: from envisioning a situation different from the status quo, to articulating a path to achieve that vision, to the detailed nitty gritty of a release crunch.
- You have a strong affinity and curiosity for product engineering.
- You balance qualitative and quantitative research to validate your assumptions.
- You are self-motivated, humble, and eager to contribute to our dent in the universe.
- You are not precious about ideas, are naturally curious and look to users insights for guidance on decisions.
- You are self-driven and can manage change. You love to put things in motion and love the responsibility that comes with it.
- Appreciate the art of simple and beautiful user experiences.
- You have had enough experience to demonstrate successes, failures and learnings.
A few more things about us, written by us:
About this role
August 25th, 2022
February 26th, 2021
Learn about WeTransfer and their company culture.
WeTransfer was founded in 2009 as the simplest way to send big files around the world. Today we’re a set of beautifully obvious tools to keep your ideas moving.
Trust and transparency are two “offline” values that we bring to everything we do online. Because to change the world, we need creative ideas and a bit of advocacy. From day one, we’ve given away 30% of our advertising space to creatives we admire and causes we care about.
This has led to partnerships with artists including Björk, Solange, and FKA Twigs, as well as organizations like the Nelson Mandela Foundation, the UN Development Program, and the World Wildlife Foundation.
Want to be part of a diverse team that thrives on passion, creativity and good old-fashioned fun?
How about getting high-fives and appreciation whenever you tell people where you work? If you need a little more convincing (that’s cool), scroll a little further to keep reading why you should join us.
Learning and Development budget: Raise your game from great to spectacular
Company pension: Put something aside for your future self
Annual retreat: It’s “team building”, but fun
Health and wellbeing budget: We be up in the gym just working on our fitness
Daily catered lunch: Fresh, vegan-friendly lunch—plus snacks galore
Generous holidays: Go and see the world (just send us a postcard)
Commute compensation: We pay you to come to work (and then to leave)
Monthly Play Day: Work on a side project or try something new
Talks and workshops: Experts come into the office and teach us new things
Charity leave: Take time to do nice things, on us
A little something about us
Millions of people all over the world love WeTransfer’s set of tools for the creative process. Join us in our mission to be behind every great idea.
We work in diverse and sometimes distributed teams. We enjoy a fresh, vegan-friendly catered lunch every day (don’t worry, there’s cheese and meat too). We attend personal growth workshops on public speaking skills or learning how to code, we participate in knowledge-sharing sessions by design and tech industry leaders, and we listen to experts talk about interesting topics like art forgery. We have a learning and development budget to spend on courses, conferences, and career coaches.
Every day, we live by our values of trust and transparency, and donate to creatives we admire and causes we care about. Every month, we have Play Day, for working on side projects or trying something new. Every year, we have an intense three-day hackathon with sweet cash prizes and sweeter bragging rights.
We believe good ideas deserve good company, which is why WeTransfer is a certified B Corporation. This means we work with companies across the globe to use business as a force for good, committing to a better planet for everyone. (Want to know more? We got you.)
We give away 30% of Wetransfer's advertising space to support artists and causes we believe in. To date, WeTransfer has donated more than $300 million worth in advertising inventory, raising awareness for issues such as gun control and net neutrality, and give visibility to organizations such as s the Nelson Mandela Foundation, the UN Development Program, and the World Wildlife Fund. In 2019, it helped abolish $35 million in medical debt for low-income residents of Los Angeles. We support and contribute to the open source software community—every engineer is given a yearly allowance to donate to an open source project that is dear to them. We regularly host events to talk about design, advertising, UX principles, and product development (the exciting, problem-solving and innovative kind of engineering, not the boring kind). And whether we work in marketing, data, or product, we are given the PR (and emotional) support to write articles and give talks—y’know, if you’re into that whole thought leadership thing.
Learn about the technology and tools that WeTransfer uses.
Benefits and perks
Learn about the benefits and perks that WeTransfer provides.
Lunch on us
Whether you’re in the office or working from home
See the world outside of your home office
Take time to do nice things, on us
Health and wellbeing budget
Ever wanted to try goat yoga?
About this role
August 25th, 2022
February 26th, 2021