So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
About our workflow
We think that software is gardening. We trust each other to make good decisions, to provide and accept good feedback and we believe that Ruby is a suitable vehicle for supporting the growth of our business. If that raises an eyebrow with you; reach out and we are happy to tell you why and how.
Problems you will work on:
- Process lots of user data fast and (cost) efficient. Ping us and we are happy to tell you how much data exactly.
- Explore new technologies to solve old problems.
- Build and design APIs that help our product teams build awesome user experiences.
- Build and operate resilient and scalable shared services.
Who we are looking for?
- Above all else we value open communication and good teamwork to achieve a shared vision. Ruby is practically your second language (you know your Rspec from your Minitest, your Exception from your StandardError, your Symbol from your String and your stabby lambda from your Proc). You love working with the language and have used it to solve interesting real-world problems. Helping others to improve their skills is something you enjoy and actively seek out to do.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills (English).
- Good programming skills in Ruby (+1 if you can teach us to use a new language).
- Experience writing highly-scalable systems.
- Experience in building cloud-based solutions.
- Always looking for ways to improve the way we work.
- Even better if you have worked with languages other than Ruby (e.g., Go, Python, C or Haskell).
- Even better if you have contributed to Open Source projects (we’d love to see them!).
A note on remote
COVID forced us to be more remote. We are getting there, we are writing more, doing more async communication and are now ready to take it to the next level. There is no need to be in Amsterdam for this role. We are happy to work with anyone who is up to 3 hours ahead or behind Amsterdam time. We would expect you to come to Amsterdam up to 6 times a year.
A few things about us, written by us
Please let WeTransfer know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
May 7th, 2021
Job posted on
December 15th, 2020
WeTransfer is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyWeTransfer was founded in 2009 as the simplest way to send big files around the world. Today we’re a set of beautifully obvious tools to keep your ideas moving. Trust and transparency are two “offline...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.