In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the financial services ecosystem, both incumbent players and emerging, disruptive players
- Identify key strategic growth opportunities at the company by developing a thorough understanding of TAM, Wealthsimple competitive advantages and anticipation of future consumer values
- Work closely with business leaders to identify key strategic questions, scope analysis, assign resources, manage execution and report findings. Develop analytics that will be used to establish well-supported solutions with specific recommendations that will enable the executive management team to make critical go/no go decisions
- Partner with R&D, Legal, Finance and other teams for a collaborative approach to deal framing and execution
- Perform strategic and financial analysis to inform/validate transactions, including performance and investment allocation across lines of business and geographies, capital structure, pricing strategy, margin targets, unit economics, marketing spend efficiency and headcount growth
- Design and implement a process to set goals and review progress against the goals at regular intervals
- Identify and manager key strategic vendor relationships, in our current context and in anticipation of future growth across both the client base and product offerings
- Develop a strategy to optimize key strategic benefits and economics across strategic vendors
- Work with FP&A to assist in forecasting related cost base changes
We're looking for someone who has:
- Experience - 8+ years of experience in highly analytical environments - top management consulting firm, investment bank, corporate strategy. Strong understanding of corporate finance
- Business development and/or deal structuring experience, preferably with a technology focus
- Strong relationship building & communication skills - Effective writing and presentation skills; ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple & easy-to-understand way
- Analytical - Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with superior attention to detail; has strong excel skills; ability to impose structure and logic in ambiguous situations
- Leadership - Proven track record and enthusiasm for building, managing, mentoring, and inspiring teams and influencing peer organizations; ability to lead cross-functional initiatives;
- Collaborative - Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to work in collaboration with various team members
- Innovative - Confidence to embrace new ways of doing things, including automating functions, finding scalable solutions and drives continuous improvement
- Proactive & assertive - Acts without being told what to do; brings new ideas to Wealthsimple
- Honesty/integrity - Doesn't cut corners; does what is right
- Sense of urgency - Likes to work in a fast growing, dynamic environment
At Wealthsimple, we embrace difference. We believe that getting to the best outcomes requires diverse perspectives and backgrounds. We create space where all voices can be heard so that we can all do our life's best work. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Please let Wealthsimple know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
August 18th, 2021
Job posted on
March 1st, 2021
Wealthsimple is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyWe're looking for talented people who want to move fast, ship often, and have a huge impact. How we work We believe that access to financial freedom is a fundamental human right. Our mission is to make...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.