- Develop REST/JSON API services that enable new customer experiences.
- Decompose existing services into microservices where needed.
- Build services that scale horizontally and provide low uniform latency as demand increases, leveraging the right tools (languages, databases, serverless, distributed streaming, etc).
- Test-driven development from the get-go, to protect customer experience and build speed and reliability into the development process.
- Incorporate meaningful metrics into new services and functionality you build and evangelize them.
- Work with cross-functional teams to troubleshoot issues and restore function.
- Work closely with the product team and innovate on game-changing ideas for the Customer.
- Create discussions around architecture and code design choices where appropriate.
- 6+ years developing end-to-end high-traffic responsive cross-platform sites
- Working knowledge of Linux, Relational & NoSQL databases, serverless.
- Understand tradeoffs between architecture choices, various database technologies i.e., Relational Vs Document Vs Wide Column.
- Shipped multiple high customer impact use cases through simple and effective solutions, in a highly trafficked customer-facing product.
- Understand scaling and performance in a microservice architecture.
- Experience using version control such as Git.
- Able to prioritize Customer, Team, and Business ahead of everything else on a consistent basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field in Technology.
BELONG TO A BETTER COMPANY
- THE PERKS
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- Dog Friendly Office
- On-site Yoga
- 401k plan
- Stocked kitchen
- Lunch provided 5 days per week
- Free Thrive Market membership and discount on private label products
Please let Thrive Market know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
August 18th, 2021
Job posted on
November 9th, 2020
Thrive Market is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyThrive Market is a membership e-commerce platform on a mission to make the world’s highest quality natural and organic products affordable for every American family. For $60/year, Thrive members get ac...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.