In this role, you will:
- Build a pipeline of strong, diverse candidates (both active and passive) across various technical and non-technical roles in multiple departments (including product, engineering, design, marketing, support, operations, and more as we continue to grow)
- Work collaboratively with our team leads and senior leaders at the strategic and tactical levels to fulfill current and upcoming recruitment needs
- Participate in all aspects of our hiring process - with a specific focus on top of funnel and employer branding initiatives
- Attend virtual recruiting events and meetups to represent Thinkific and help raise our profile as one of Canada’s top employers. One of our strengths as a company is in relationship building—you’ll be a big part of the face of Thinkific
- Participate in a number of other recruitment-related projects and initiatives, including establishing world-class sourcing practices, advising on internal paths for growth, contributing to our Employment Branding strategy - all while keeping “Strive for Equality” as a key focus area and value
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have a natural ability to communicate with others and be a people person! As an empath who cares about building genuine relationships, you find it easy to make a phone call or dive into a crowd and strike up a meaningful conversation with a potential team member—and can equally step up when you are writing thoughtful sourcing messages
- Have 2+ years of experience in a recruitment role, hiring teams in a fast-paced environment
- Think on your feet and be adaptable—you don’t mind switching gears if plans suddenly change
- Be hyper-organized and almost never let the little things slip by you. You can play calendar tetris in your sleep, live by checklists and never forget a stand-out candidate’s name!
- Do your best work when you’re given autonomy—you enjoy being given a challenge and finding your own ways to solve it
- Go to bat for your teammates and have never said, “that’s not my job” when asked for help by others
- Be driven to provide nothing less than an amazing candidate experience—you have proven this in past roles by going above and beyond to ensure they leave happy, regardless of the final outcome
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely had some post-secondary education or equivalent professional experience in a similar role, and you continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills
- Exhibit a strong understanding of relevant roles in the tech industry and the latest recruitment methods
- Can grasp new tools and systems quickly—we use Greenhouse as our ATS, Gem as our CRM, BambooHR as our HRIS, Slack for communication and coordination, and track our projects in Asana
- Resonate strongly with all of our core values:
- Be fanatical about customer success
- Be helpful
- Passionately debate
- Choose ethics and integrity
- Strive for equality
- Give a shit
- Succeed together
- Learn and Grow
- Find it easy to strike a balance between taking your work seriously and having a sense of humour—you feel that the traditional view people have of “HR” needs to change and think it’s important to have fun at work!
Bonus points if you:
- Are familiar with Topgrading and have a proven record of hiring a high percentage of “A players” (check out Who: The A Player Method for Hiring if you want a good summary)
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we're building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 40,000 course creators and more than 10 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Read What to Expect when Applying at Thinkific to learn about our hiring process (and how we put candidates first!)
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our annual $1500 education allowance
- Our team spends time together outside of work, too—we have board game nights, have gone rock climbing, hosted family BBQs, a weekly cookie club (that’s right!), and each year, we host an annual retreat on Gambier Island
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Our office is close to major transit routes, bike-friendly, and centrally located at the intersection of some of Vancouver’s coolest neighborhoods
- Stay fuelled with healthy snacks, free coffee and tea, kombucha, and the occasional Friday beer and cider
- Hang out with the @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Stay fit with subsidized gym access or by joining one of Thinkific’s sports teams
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Thinkific welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome you!
Please let Thinkific know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
April 23rd, 2021
Job posted on
December 7th, 2020
Thinkific is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyThinkific makes it easy for thousands of independent experts and companies to quickly create and deliver stunning online courses on their own sites. At Thinkific, we are passionate about helping our c...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.