- Keep up to date with the latest trends and technologies in software in order to ensure that best practices for quality software development and testing methodologies are followed
- Work with Product Managers, Project Leads, and Engineers to ensure that business requirements have been turned into technical requirements with clear technical specifications and work with your team to identify and implement those specifications
- Act as a mentor to Software Engineers and ensure they have everything they need to do their best work
- Foster an open, collaborative, and inclusive environment for the team
- Engage in recurring 1-on-1s with team members and support their development through regular coaching and mentorship
- Prepare and carry out annual performance reviews and 6-month check-ins for team members
- Support Engineers effectively by identifying and unblocking the team, continually looking for ways to improve team efficiency and productivity
- Review implementation plans with the team
- Work with Project Leads to establish timelines for the completion of the project and facilitate technical estimation by either doing technical estimation directly or supporting a team member’s effort
- Triage incoming bugs and tickets for the team and ensure triaged bugs get into sprints
- Be on call for support as needed—these are rotating, low-impact shifts
- Have 3+ years of experience leading and providing mentorship to a technical team
- Demonstrate a history of accountability for technical projects and an understanding of how to make projects successful
- Feel comfortable in a room full of engineers—you can speak their language!
- Be experienced delivering project updates to a range of stakeholders and working with user feedback to inform and optimize projects
- Have a servant-leader mentality—you believe great leaders need to focus on the growth and well-being of their team members to be successful!
- Be responsible for giving feedback to others to help improve their performance (and be receptive to receiving feedback from others)
- Believe that writing tests as part of a feature is not just a nice to have, but is necessary
- Demonstrate experience using version management tools such as Git with Git Flow
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely attended post-secondary education, continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills, or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role
- Believe that better solutions are achieved through collaboration rather than independently
- Read our How we build at Thinkific blog and are excited about how we work, Blue Sky Week and the challenges we are solving for our customers
- Are driven to continually improve by investing time in learning about new technologies or working on your own projects
- Have worked with a technical team or product feature team in the past
- Feel that “organized, with attention to detail” doesn’t even begin to describe you. You’ll have a lot of responsibility and also autonomy—no one will be looking over your shoulder to be sure you’ve got it right! A keen eye for detail is key in everything you do—quality over quantity is the name of the game.
- Have previous Project Management or SCRUM experience
- Are already well-versed in the fundamentals of software design and testing
- Get excited by the chance to present and share project updates with your team and others at the company
- Previously worked for a SaaS-based startup or growing technology company
- Have a strong network of A-players to support our recruiting and people development efforts
- Are comfortable with programming—you’ve been a software engineer yourself in the past!
- Have experience coordinating with DevOps teams in previous roles
- Have an eye for design—you know what good design truly looks like
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we're building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 40,000 course creators and more than 10 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
- Read What to Expect when Applying at Thinkific to learn about our hiring process (and how we put candidates first!)
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- We are lucky to have team members working remotely with us for over a year, so you’ll walk into an established system where you’re supported to be productive and successful
- We make sure you always feel included and have opportunities to build meaningful relationships with your team, whether that’s trips to Vancouver to solidify those connections, meet and greet with new team members by video, taking a remote-first approach to meetings or ensuring you have lunch provided for our team-wide events!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Help you get the equipment you need to set-up a home office where you can do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Thinkific welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome you!
Please let Thinkific know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
April 21st, 2021
Job posted on
October 8th, 2020
Thinkific is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyThinkific makes it easy for thousands of independent experts and companies to quickly create and deliver stunning online courses on their own sites. At Thinkific, we are passionate about helping our c...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.