WHO YOU ARE
You have 2.5 years experience leading and managing custom software engineering teams. You have a proven track record of building teams that deliver complex software on-time and in-budget. You have a long history of hands on software development and a variety of technologies.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As an experienced Engineering Manager you will manage a team of 10 to 15 engineers operating in small squads of 4-5 engineers and work directly with Product, Research and Design teams as well as customer stakeholders and technical leads to build complex custom software applications. You will run and / or participate in project kick-offs, working with your team to choose the tools, architecture, and platforms used to deliver client projects. You and your project leadership team are responsible for defining the quality standards for client projects.
- Your success is evident when client stakeholders & teams love working with us.
- We have delivered on our promises.
- You have planned, organized, and managed all phases of a project lifecycle to successful delivery.
- You develop plans to empower teams to do their best work while coaching them as necessary
- Team deliveries have achieved high-quality marks by our customers
- Teams are planning, consulting, and doing work that meets our standards and your standards to ensure client happiness.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES - MANAGING AND DIRECTING
- Talk to engineers to tease out concerns early, then fix them when possible.
- Resolve conflicts or performance problems with engineers.
- Embody the engineering culture and contribute to its advancement, inspiring everyone to live up to it.
- Maintainer and contributor to our company engineering internal and public artifacts such as our quality standards and guidelines.
- Represent the engineering organization with other departments and ensure we provide engineering support wherever necessary in the company.
- Support team happiness.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES - ENGINEERING AND DELIVERY
- Responsible for the quality and quantity of the engineering output.
- Responsible for the continuous, iterative improvement of our engineering team.
- Responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects.
- Work closely with product management team to ensure we're building the best products.
- When necessary, act as Programmer, QA, Architect, PM, etc for short periods of time.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES - HIRING AND TRAINING
- Attract, nurture, coach, and retain talent.
- Ensure every assigned engineer has a career progression plan with regular check-in points and real-time feedback.
- Ensure engineers are provided with continuous and valuable learning opportunities.
- Contribute to determining engineering salary ranges and adjustments.
- Contribute to defining and building the vision for our engineering organization.
- Contribute to defining quality standards for our work.
- Contribute to creating training and learning material and opportunities for engineers.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Software Consulting experience with external clients
- Custom software development
- Experience contributing to the sales-cycle by project scoping and developing proposals
- Identify new opportunities with existing client
- Team organization and design
- Team management experience with direct reports
- External stakeholder management
- Product strategy collaboration
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2007, Theorem LLC (https://theorem.co) is a remote-first technology consulting company, fully distributed by design. We are privately-owned and committed to building a sustainable organization, at the company level, and for each of our team members.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
Please let Theorem know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
August 16th, 2021
Job posted on
November 5th, 2020
About the companyTheorem is an innovation and engineering company that advises clients on product strategy, engineering, design, and culture, then partners with them to build and launch technology-driven solutions to t...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.