How you will make an impact
- You’ll build new features that help millions of people curate their careers and find better jobs. Your work on our front-end systems and bridging them with our back end will help us create modern, lean, well-built web applications that grow and improve every day.
- You’ll be a leader in forming our companies best practices and implementing new functionality in our products.
- You'll play a key role in driving our technical and product roadmap.
- You will champion site performance both in actual and perceived speed. You understand bounce versus abandon and how page-speed affects one of those.
Why we’ll love you
- You embrace “always be learning” and are killing it with web technologies. And though we have a stack of tools, we’re happy to learn about your experiences with other platforms and stacks.
- You have confidence in your work and are secure in shipping to production frequently. Continuous integration, automated deployments, and Datadog alerts are all part of your day-to-day.
- You are committed to building the best user experience, enforcing accessibility, usability, and SEO where applicable. You work with specialists in those fields as first-class citizens.
- You are committed to quality! You are someone who writes clean, fully documented, and rigorously tested systems and believe every line of code should be able to describe itself.
- You understand and practice clean code principles, such as SOLID, DRY, and YAGNI, and how to apply them to the problems at hand.
- You can suggest multiple solutions to a problem, explaining the trade-offs, and understanding that perfection is sometimes the enemy of done. You’re comfortable with pushing back when needed and able to explain why.
- Everyone loves a green field, and you’ll get that too. But code can and does rot, so we all pitch in to weed tech debt out of the garden.
- You love data-driven development. Pushing the needle on a metric makes you smile.
- On top of being a great front-end engineer yourself, you are proud to mentor others to level up the entire team.
Why you’ll love The Muse
- You’ll work at a tech company founded by two badass women who believe transparency is important.
- Our founders really try to share as much as they can about changes to The Muse strategy, board meetings, and when they are wrestling with big company-wide decisions, etc
- The Muse actually has—and sticks to—a “no assholes” policy, so you can come to work every day knowing you will always be surrounded by good people who genuinely care about you.
- We offer unlimited vacation—and we mean it!
- We invest in growing our people—personally and professionally.
At The Muse, we believe that great ideas come from anywhere. We support a collaborative environment and value open participation from individuals with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe having a diverse team makes The Muse a more interesting and innovative place to work, and we strive every day to make The Muse a welcoming and inclusive place for all.
Please let The Muse know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
August 16th, 2021
Job posted on
March 10th, 2021
The Muse is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyThe Muse is a career platform used by over 70 million people to find their best-fit jobs, companies and careers, and was recently named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.