What you’ll be doing
You will be developing with a highly collaborative team focused on building, enhancing, refactoring, and maintaining all of TeamSnap's web applications, APIs and services using agile practices and principles. We’ll be looking to you to take ownership in your areas of expertise and flex your eagerness to learn and work in other areas of the stack. You’ll be helping us develop great user experiences for new and existing features and products.
What do You Need to Succeed
- You have experience leading projects in high-scale, nontrivial web apps and services.
- Experience evolving and improving legacy software applications and services.
- Experience and familiarity with libraries or frameworks we use such as React, Redux, GraphQL, Rails, or Phoenix.
- Experience with direct usage of SQL and relational databases such as MySQL along with migrations, profiling and optimization of such databases.
- Passion for great solutions and user experience. We want you to be interested in what makes a great product for our customers (whether TeamSnap users or other developers).
- Enjoy working on a collaborative, fully distributed and self directed agile team communicating directly in zoom swarms to asynchronous within slack.
- A sense of humor… or at least sympathy-laugh at our bad jokes.
- A willingness to travel (when it’s safe) to other parts of the country for all company gatherings, team meetings, conferences, and the like.
- Involvement in youth or adult recreational sports, as a player, parent or coach. We’d love for you to experience firsthand how our customers use our product and how it could be improved.
- Ideally you’re a Polyglot that likes to tinker with new languages and frameworks to keep your skills sharp (e.g. Elixir, GO, Typescript, GraphQL).
- Experience working with functional programming concepts.
- Familiar with Hooks and Component Lifecycle in React.
- AdTech experience delivering and creating great user experiences.
- Experience with Docker-based development environments and Kubernetes-based production environments.
- Ability to talk to animals, Doctor Dolittle-style.
We are headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, but this job is remote (unless you happen to live near Boulder, in which case you’re welcome to come to the office). TeamSnap is a mostly-distributed company, so you must be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same physical location as you or each other. While we love all parts of the world, we can only hire US-based citizens at this time.
How do I know if TeamSnap is the right place for me?
-You want to get to work on a product people use and love (yes people will stop you on the street and show you our app on their phone)
Benefits and Perks
TeamSnap provides you with a phenomenal culture, lots of opportunity to develop professionally, and the ability to demonstrate what you can achieve. Benefits include:
Inclusion and Diversity
TeamSnap is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are a company built around trust, kindness and collaboration, where diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are celebrated and valued. This is a place where everybody belongs. TeamSnap does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, age, ethnic or national origin, or any other basis protected by all local, state or federal laws
Please let TeamSnap know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
August 16th, 2021
Job posted on
November 11th, 2020
TeamSnap is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyTeamSnap has taken the organization of youth, recreational and competitive sports into the 21st century. 22 million coaches, administrators, players and parents use TeamSnap’s web and smartphone apps t...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.