More about our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Team
SurveyMonkey is looking for a few good people to build a new SRE organization for the Survey Core experience. The SRE team ensures that SurveyMonkey’s important systems have reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs and a fast rate of improvement while keeping an ever-watchful eye on capacity and performance. SRE is a mindset and a set of engineering approaches focused on optimizing existing systems and eliminating work through automation.
What we're looking for
The Survey Core Senior Site Reliability Engineer will partner with the application development and main infrastructure teams to architect and operate reliable, scalable, and performant services. This is a new team where you can land and have a huge impact on how we do things and help take our engineering excellence to the next level. You will report to the Senior Manager of Site Reliability Engineering.
- Partner with application developers and architects to ensure our services are built for scale, reliability and performance.
- Develop the monitoring solutions on top of existing observability platforms
- Refine the development, build and deployment processes on top of our main infrastructure
- Work with the engineering teams to architect and build our platform services to simplify real-time troubleshooting and operational response to incidents and outages
- Be the expert on how to best use AWS technologies to build our next-generation platform
- Bridge the divide between our core application engineers and our main infrastructure teams
- Provide capacity management expertise to ensure our deployments are managed for robustness and cost
- Bring best practices and own environment management, ensuring all of our dev/test/prod environments are reproducible with high availability
- A minimum 8 years experience operating in a large-scale environment
- A desire to improve the services and customer experiences of the platforms you support
- Experience in architecture
- Experience with systems and application design, including the operational trade-offs of different designs
- Knowledge of different aspects of service design: including messaging protocols and behavior, caching strategies and software design practices
- Experience making strategic trade-offs that are in priority when needed
- Developed accomplished SRE engineers ranging from junior to senior levels of experience
What we offer our employees
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.
Please let SurveyMonkey know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
April 22nd, 2021
Job posted on
November 4th, 2020
SurveyMonkey is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyWe're on a mission to help people turn their curiosity into action. SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading survey platform enabling curious individuals and companies – including 98% of the Fortune 500 – t...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.