- Develop both the long-term vision and strategy for the team and prioritize day-to-day operations
- Work with the business to deliver related and scalable technical solutions
- Partner closely with across Engineering teams to ensure a world class security environment
- Scope and lead large technical projects with enormous impact across many teams at Stripe
- Scrutinize and reason clearly about the technology and architecture choices we make. In many cases, you will be the decider of these decisions
- Develop collaborative relationships across the entire organization at Stripe
- Help the team develop and interface effectively with the rest of Stripe
- Scale the policies and processes of the team to facilitate global impact
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A strong security background, including 10+ years of experience with software engineering and security design at a top tier software company
- Previous experience as a Staff, Senior Staff, Principal, or Distinguished Engineer at a top tier company
- A healthy skepticism for the status quo
- An ability to drive concurrent projects and initiatives while managing operational responsibilities
- An exemplary, user-focused communication style; emphasizing clarity, empathy and accuracy
- Skill and credibility delivering operational work while maintaining a high bar for quality
- A willingness to lead by example and participate in the work as necessary
- Experience with a broad range of technologies including endpoint detection, network technologies, and AWS cloud services.
- An ability to create a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging
- A history of delivering projects through cross team collaboration and partnerships
- Demonstrated success overseeing internal tool development and automation at scale
- Extremely strong focus on compliance, security and risk awareness
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Possess an empathetic, humble, customer-focused demeanor
Please let Stripe know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
May 14th, 2021
Job posted on
November 23rd, 2020
Stripe is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyStripe is a software platform for starting and running internet businesses. Millions of businesses rely on Stripe’s software tools to accept payments, expand globally, and manage their businesses onlin...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.