Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Our Growth team is on a mission to acquire, convert and grow millions of merchants globally across Stripe’s full suite of financial products. We are a cross functional team of engineers, scientists, marketers, designers and product managers that deliver the insights, algorithms, internal systems and tools, and user-facing experiences that fuel Stripe’s growth. In short we make it easy for people to act on their interest in Stripe.
As part of the Growth Engineering team, you will build and own the systems, products, internal tools, and customer-facing experiences that power intelligence behind our go-to-market and product-led growth. This includes building our ML powered recommendations and growth experimentation engine(s), multi-channel notifications systems, and key growth-related customer experiences (e.g., onboarding experiences, user dashboards, product recommendations).
What you’ll do
- Partner closely with other engineers and scientists to build highly scalable, ML driven system(s), help run experiments, and surface insights across all points of customer interactions.
- Scope, design, and lead technical projects, laying the groundwork for early-stage products to iteratively evolve and scale.
- Ensure our UI components and libraries are reliable, secure, extensible and accessible.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack with an eye towards improving maintainability over the long term.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Interact with product and business leaders to help develop and execute on a data-first growth strategy that scales with Stripe.
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 5+ years of professional hands-on software development experience.
- You have implemented server-side APIs in dynamic languages like Ruby, working with document and relational datastores (especially Mongo and MySQL).
- You enjoy spelunking through new datasets (especially in systems like Redshift or Presto/Trino).
- You have a deep understanding of usability issues in web applications.
- You have excellent oral and written communication.
- You have proven ability to thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Experience with machine learning, recommender systems, product-led growth, and/or lifecycle marketing.