- Work with engineers and other leaders at Stripe to understand and capture opportunities to better leverage our database platform, providing fault isolation, resource isolation, data locality, security, etc.
- Support the engineering team in achieving a high level of technical quality, reliability, and ease-of-use
- Manage processes to help the team do its best work and engage effectively with the rest of Stripe
- Recruit great engineers, in collaboration with Stripe’s recruiting team
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team
You may be a good fit if:
- You have managed teams that shipped and operated critical infrastructure, particularly in the open source database domain (relational or NoSQL)
- You have a strong quantitative and analytical background
- You have worked with geographically distributed teams
- You have successfully recruited and built great teams
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- You are clear and persuasive in writing and in person
- You are excited about collaborating with teammates across engineering to provide a wonderful user experience
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.
Please let Stripe know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
June 7th, 2021
Job posted on
February 21st, 2021
Stripe is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyStripe is a software platform for starting and running internet businesses. Millions of businesses rely on Stripe’s software tools to accept payments, expand globally, and manage their businesses onlin...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.