What you will be doing
- You will own the full sales cycle from lead to close
- Establish lasting relationships with senior executives and decision-makers
- You will foster new relationships for Slack through outbound efforts
- Help educate customers on the value of Slack throughout the adoption cycle
- You navigate key decision makers to build Slack awareness within organizations
- Identify customer needs and collaborate with Slack teammates to ensure customer success with special emphasis on signup, upgrade, and renewal
- You will initiate, negotiate and close new and renewal contracts with customers
- You will communicate and organize/escalate issues appropriately including billing, legal, security, onboarding, and technical inquiries
- You will collaborate and work with different members of the Accounts team (Technical Account Managers, Customer Success Managers, Leadership, etc.) to build strategic adoption plans for customers
- You will prepare and educate customers on new features and releases
- You will monitor and identify adoption and utilization trends
- Provide recommendations based on customer's business needs and usage patterns
- You will conduct periodic customer health-checks with an emphasis on customer happiness
- You will serve as the voice of the customer and collect feedback to drive continuous improvement across all areas including product
What you should have
- 6+ years of Enterprise Account Executive experience preferably within the Financial Services Industry
- Relevant sales experience, preferably in a SaaS organization
- Experience managing a pipeline and closing large contracts with large Financial Services institutions
- Excellent communication skills both with customers and within an organization
- Shown negotiation and closing skills
- Consistent track record of navigating within large and mid-market organizations
- Ability to develop senior level relationships quickly and effectively
- Experience presenting to senior managers and the C-suite
- Ability to handle multiple opportunities simultaneously at various stages of the buying process
- Takes an active interest in increasing customer satisfaction and deepening customer relationships
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive
- Some travel required
About this role
October 11th, 2022
July 13th, 2022
Learn about Slack and their company culture.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
Work with us
We’re on a mission to make working life simpler, more pleasant
and more productive — for everyone.
Help improve people’s working lives
People the world over spend a lot of time and energy on work. It can be a source of identity and inspiration, but it can also be a source of anxiety and frustration — so it’s important people know their contribution matters. Helping improve people’s experience of working life is one of the things we, as Slack, have set out to do.
That starts with our own team.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find a purpose in their work and support each other in the process. We work hard and we play to win… within normal business hours. And then we go home.
That balance is important: It enables us to truly do the best work of our lives. As a result, we create a place where all kinds of work happens — and happens well — all while working alongside people we respect and admire.
Our core values
These are some of the values we live by, as a company. We work by them, too: we’re building a platform and products we believe in — knowing there is real value to be gained from helping people, wherever they are, simplify whatever it is that they do and bring more of themselves to their work.
Working and thriving
We want people to thrive at Slack; we believe you do your best work when you feel your best. Here are a just a few benefits we’re proud to provide our team.
Just for You: Receive an annual allowance for professional development, plus a monthly stipend you can use towards anything. That means anything — a gym membership, your pet sitter, a new work look. Whatever matters most to you.
Health & Wellness: Free medical, dental and vision for you and your family — Slack pays 100% of your premiums.
Parental Leave: A lot of us have families, of all shapes and sizes and types, and we welcome each new addition with generous parental and new child bonding leave.
Happier Weekdays: A meeting-light culture (or we try, at least), guest speakers, and opportunities to get to know your team better through things like weekly catered lunch and breakfast, Thursday Socials, and game nights. But we don’t stay in the office 24/7.
Learn about the technology and tools that Slack uses.
Benefits and perks
Learn about the benefits and perks that Slack provides.
Allows contributions up to 10% of base salary. 15% discount on purchase price of stock
Employee assistance program (EAP)
We offer an employee assistance program focused on mental health.
Home office budget
WFH stipend to make remote work, work.
Learning and development budget
$5,000 educational assistance.
About this role
October 11th, 2022
July 13th, 2022