We're on a mission to improve health through nutrition.
At Simple, we believe that improving health through nutrition is the most effective way to make a positive impact on the world. There is strong evidence showing the connection between health behaviors and future diseases. Effective interventions will allow people to live longer, healthier lives, and Simple is committed to making this a reality.
Simple is a successful mobile product that has a user base of over 15 million people and has over 100% year-over-year revenue growth. It helps people improve their nutritional habits through personalized programs, meal tracking, and health insights, which allows them to lead healthier and happier lives. Get more info on the website: https://simple.life/
As a Tax Manager, you will collaborate with external advisors, to ensure compliance with sales tax/VAT and corporate profit tax legislation in multiple jurisdictions, such as the US, European Union, and others.
- Manage and review tax returns, and reports, ensuring accuracy and adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with internal departments, such as finance and legal, to integrate tax planning strategies into overall business operations.
- Stay updated on changes in tax laws and regulations, and proactively adapt company policies and practices to maintain compliance and maximize benefits.
- Liaise with external auditors, tax authorities, and other stakeholders as necessary.
- Lead and participate in tax audits, ensuring all necessary documentation and information are provided promptly and accurately.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven experience (3-5 years) in tax consulting or a similar role within a reputable firm. Experience in Big 4 or in IT product company (B2C) in a similar position is a must.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Taxation, Finance, Accounting, or related field. Certifications like CPA or ACCA are a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of international tax regulations, US preferably.
- Willingness to quickly learn tax legislation of new jurisdictions.
- Proficiency in tax software and ERP systems is plus.
- Result-oriented person willing to take responsibility for the assigned area with strong problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent analytical abilities with a keen eye for detail.
- Fluency in English (capable to discuss tax topics with foreign advisors).
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, capable of interacting with various stakeholders.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Perks and benefits:
- You will help people improve their health and lives through nutrition.
- Open-minded teams, a welcoming and inclusive company culture, plus the opportunity to make a real difference with a game-changing health tech product. You can directly influence the product and its metrics.
- A competitive salary package based on your unique expertise, skillset, and impact on the product.
- A stock option plan. When Simple does well, everyone wins.
- The opportunity to work on an amazing mobile product with strong growth.
- Remote, in-office, and hybrid options (at select global locations) − we care how well you work, not where you’re at.
- Technical equipment.
- Health insurance and life assurance, plus relocation programs.
About our values:
Think deeper: We understand that in order to grow we need to make all our decisions reality-based and change our opinion based on what we learn. We appreciate data coming in various forms – quantitative and qualitative, feedback from users and colleagues, and strong and weak signals.We treat data as the main source for leveraging insights and expect people at every level to have conversations that start with data.
Focus on impact: Results and speed matter. When we are competing to become an A-player in the digital health market, we don’t have the luxury of deliberation. We need to make decisions and changes quickly and, swiftly learn from our mistakes.We prioritize what will have the greatest impact and aren’t distracted by anything else. We create products that benefit users while we are meeting our metrics.
Take ownership:We seek to improve all facets of our company even in ways beyond our job description. We seek and take responsibility for our actions and their impact. We value and set high expectations for our own work so that it can add to the overall quality and innovation results of the team. Each one of us is empowered to make this company a success, take the lead to resolve disagreements and systemic issues.
Push the limits: We encourage our team to explore new ideas, challenge conventional thinking, and continuously improve work. This mindset can lead to breakthroughs in product development, improved operational efficiency, and increased competitiveness in the market. We believe that a culture and mindset of constantly striving to exceed existing standards, boundaries, or expectations that include innovation, experimentation, and a willingness to take risks, can bring us success. We don't accept what someone says as truth if we disagree with it, no matter what authority that person has in the company and express ourselves directly, not through back channels. We challenge ideas, from policy to product decisions, and always seek to understand the reason behind what we do.
Be a Championship Team:As a part of the championship team, you must improve your own performance constantly also know your teammates, their talents and skills and be focused on a common goal and how to achieve it together. We hold each other accountable for our contribution to the shared success or failure, and we constantly look for ways to help our colleagues to improve and for us to perform better as a team. We collaborate within the team in order to compete with challengers in the outside world. We build relationships of trust. We provide our teammates with the autonomy and support they need to deliver their part of the goal.