- Seniority Level: Senior Manager
- Industry: Information Technology & Services, Computer Software, Start-up, Biotechnology, Biopharma, Pharmaceuticals
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Job functions: Business Development, Sales, Account Management
- Location: Remote, flexible
About this role
- Managing and owning senior level relationships with large enterprise clients within Science Exchange’s portfolio book of business;
- Maintaining and achieving revenue growth targets YoY within assigned accounts;
- Working with key client stakeholders on the rollout and expansion of Science Exchange’s SaaS platform across categories of research and within different therapeutic areas;
- Maintaining a robust opportunity pipeline, including qualifying, validating, and assessing growth opportunities within existing and new accounts;
- Maintaining a “customer obsessed” mindset and framework to deliver excellent customer service and satisfaction to all level of stakeholders;
- Successfully positioning and communicating Science Exchange’s unique capabilities to prospects and clients, supporting and managing change management programs for the successful adoption of the software through the preparation and successful delivery of client materials, program plans and presentations;
- Leveraging Science Exchange data to build business cases and value metrics to drive platform adoption at existing and new accounts
- Working cross-functionality with product leadership and commercial operations teams to monetize on strategic growth opportunities in existing accounts and to communicate customer needs;
- Prospecting for new opportunities e.g. networking, lead generation, relationship building, lead follow-up, with an end goal of executing a business agreement with new potential clients;
- Close collaboration with senior leadership on execution against Science Exchange’s commercial strategy and operating plan;
- Representing Science Exchange at conferences and industry networking events;
Specific qualifications & requirements
- BA/BS degree required. Masters, MBA, or PhD preferred
- 3-6+ years of experience in management consulting within a life sciences practice, technology organization, biopharma or a comparable industry; Prior experience working for a technology startup is a plus;
- A strong understanding of biopharma operations, drug discovery and development, and the R&D outsourcing market;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; able to effectively communicate to executives in a Board room setting;
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to build and deliver compelling data-driven business cases and presentations to a technical, as well as operational, audience at all levels of the organization;
- Strong desire to work in a high-growth, fast-paced organization with a performance-driven culture;
- Adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities;
- Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities;
- Extensive travel expected in future years: ~50%;
- Preferred location – N/A; remote
Science Exchange is an award-winning enterprise B2B marketplace platform that is changing the way R&D outsourcing is conducted. Currently implemented at the majority of the top 50 global biopharma organizations, Science Exchange has paved a market leading position, saving thousands of hours for scientists and operations, and millions in cost savings for our customers across the world. Science Exchange was seeded out of Y Combinator in 2011 and has raised nearly $70M from top venture funds including USV, Maverick Capital, and Norwest Venture Partners. Our headquarters are in Palo Alto, California, but we are a truly global company with employees all over the U.S., Europe and Asia/Pacific. Our talented and passionate team includes developers, designers, marketers, and scientists that are charged with bringing intellectual rigor and creativity to every decision we make.
Ready to join us?
Please let Science Exchange know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
May 21st, 2021
Job posted on
December 28th, 2020
About the companyScience Exchange is an award-winning enterprise B2B marketplace platform that is changing the way R&D outsourcing is conducted. Currently implemented at the majority of the top 50 global biopharma ...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.