- Transform visual comps into rich web interactions that are fluidly responsive, performant, semantic, and accessible.
- Collaborate with visual and user experience designers on wireframes, interactive prototypes, and production-ready web experiences.
- Evaluate design deliverables for build feasibility and provide constructive feedback to internal, client-side, and third-party designers, user experience designers, and project managers.
- Perform cross-browser testing and remediation for front-end performance and visual quality assurance.
- Partner with UX designers, web engineers, and managers to move a project through development and launch.
- Build sites in WordPress using custom-built themes, minimal plugin dependancies, and Gutenberg editor.
- At least five years experience with front-end engineering, web development, web engineering, or a similar field.
- Experience building WordPress websites from scratch.
- Experience with Gutenberg and building out custom blocks.
- Strong understanding of HTML, CSS including cross-browser compatibility, and WCAG accessibility compliance.
- Experience using Git.
- Proven ability to transform a static comp into a website from the ground up.
- Being collaborative, self-motivated, and an "always-learning" person, excited to create great web experiences.
Nice To Have
- Basic understanding of ad implementations in a responsive environment.
- Experience in task runners and bundlers like: Grunt, Gulp, and Webpack.
- Experience with coded style guides and creating highly componentized systems.
- Experience with coding PHP, specifically for WordPress as a platform, including custom post types, taxonomies, and use of WordPress beyond typical “blog” use cases.
- Experience with Sketch or Design Software.
- Design experience or formal design education.
- Remote working experience appreciated.
- Code-based portfolio. Link us to your GitHub, upload a .zip, or both (source files are helpful to get a sense of your code structure and file organization).
Please let Rareview know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
September 22nd, 2021
Job posted on
January 13th, 2021
Rareview is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyAgencies are a dime a dozen. Great ones are rare. Rareview is an award-winning digital design & marketing agency in Southern California focused on outcomes. We are a human-centered agency buildin...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.