As a software engineer at Proven, you'll be working in a cross-functional team with leaders from product management, growth, data science, design, and business development. You’ll have the opportunity to take full ownership of interesting challenges and to work with many types of technology. Your time and responsibility will be split in between data science/engineering and full stack development. On the data side, you'll be leveraging Proven's rich data and machine learning infrastructure to develop data products that support A/B testing, ML workflows, data pipelines and ML applications. On the web dev side, you'll be working with Python, Node.js and React to build direct to consumer experience and help us drive towards the product quality our community deserves.
Who you are:
- 4+ years of direct industry experience or a MS in CS or related field + 1 year industry experience
- Solid computer science foundation and coding skills. Ability to write high-performance production quality code. You have worked with Java or C/C++. - - You’re familiar with React and Node.js. Experience with Elasticsearch is a plus
- Good math foundation - know probability and statistic basics
- You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability and scalability
- You’re excited about building smart e-commerce and obsessed with bringing the best consumer experience to life
- You’re a strong communicator, ready to learn but equally excited to teach
- Experience building and productionizing innovative end-to-end machine learning systems is a plus. Understanding of common families of models, feature engineering, feature selection and other practical machine learning problems is a plus
What you’ll do:
- Full-stack with Node.js, React and Python
- Build and scale data infrastructure that powers batch and real-time data processing
- Collaborate closely with product, design and growth to spec, build test and deploy new features for our user base
- Brainstorm with product managers and designers to conceptualize new features and come up with an implementation plan
- Be building data infrastructure, including but not limited to: information retrieval, warehousing, cleaning, indexing and pipelining
- Learn about new technologies and discuss potential solutions to problems
- Grow with our team and company
Come Join Us:
Six short months ago, we didn’t exist. Now we’re a small, yet mighty, team of eight, based in San Francisco. We work hard, we have fun, and we think big. We’re as diverse as we are interesting; amongst us we have lived in over 15 countries; we’re data geeks, beauty aficionados, Brand storytellers, AI experts, high-heel collecting individuals who come together to shake up the status quo. At our hearts we’re good people, doing good things and having a lot of fun doing it.
Benefits & Perks:
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- Reimbursement on boot camps, training programs and education
- Unlimited paid time off
- Performance-based incentives and bonuses
- Regular team activities, happy-hours, off-sites, Hackathons, etc.
Email us: [email protected], please include your résumé and tell us why you are going to be our amazing team member #9.
Please let Proven Skincare know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
April 20th, 2021
Job posted on
February 19th, 2021
Proven Skincare is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyYou are unique, your skincare should be too. Take our free Skin Assessment to discover what personalized skincare can do for you. A Y Combinator W18 Alumni, winner of The MIT AI 2018 - AI Idol, Proven...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.