What would a Tech Lead (Control Plane) at Prisma do?
Until now, Prisma has been fully focused on developer adoption for our Open Source products. We have experience consistent growth in this arena and are no track to become the dominant NodeJS framework in 12 months. Considering this, we are ready to start building out our first enterprise product. This is a pertinent and central part of Prisma's vision and strategy for the future.
What are the requirements
We believe that the right person would have the following:
- Exceptional programming and technical expertise. Our language is Rust but learning on the job is totally fine if you are not currently familiar with Rust.
- Extensive experience building and operating robust high-scale servers and the challenges around deploying to enterprises.
- Strong software design and implementation skills in building infrastructure-frameworks.
- Expertise in building distributed systems.
- Experience building and operating extensible, scalable, resilient systems.
- Solid understanding of Container Orchestration framework (such as Kubernetes).
- Familiarity with Cloud Infrastructure Providers such as AWS, GCP, and Azure. Bonus points for experience with SaaS deployment strategies such as AWS PrivateLink.
- Solid understanding of basic systems operations (disk, network, operating systems etc. )
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Experience working within Site Reliability Engineering would be be a big plus.
What's it like to work at Prisma?
You are likely to be a great for the team if you:
We are a remote first organisation with an office based in Berlin, Germany. Whether you work remotely, or from the office in Berlin is entirely up to you! We offer generous relocation assistance if you prefer the latter.
What's in it for you
- The opportunity to take the lead on key strategic objectives of Prisma and to exercise outsize impact on the overall direction of the organisation.
- Competitive compensation including a commensurate Stock Option Package.
- 401K, or similar retirement funding for non-US residents.
- Medical Cover, including Dental and Vision (or equivalent for non-US residents).
- A generous tech-budget to get you all the latest hardware and software that you need.
- Twenty-four days paid time off.
- Herman-Miller ergonomic chair to spruce up your home office.
What is the process like?
Our recruitment process roughly follows the structure below:
- Introductory call with our People Operations person.
- First interview with the CEO.
- Second Interview with a key stakeholder from the Board of Directors or one of our VCs.
- Interactive assignment where you will engage with the team via Slack to solve some problems in a collaborative way (we also provide a small stipend for the time and effort).
- Team fit interview - if required.
- Final Interview with the CEO.
What do I do now?
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity, please apply via our website, and include your LinkedIn profile (or Resume), Github Repo, or anything else that you think might give us a good sense of who you are.
We will generally be in touch within 7 business days to let you know the outcome of your application.
Please let Prisma know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
May 6th, 2021
Job posted on
January 15th, 2021
Prisma is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyAt Prisma we are building the data layer for modern applications. With $4.5M in funding from top-tier SV investor Kleiner Perkins we are a small and dedicated team in Berlin working on making advanced...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.