- Write high-quality, well-tested server-side code that run smoothly in production and elevates the standards across the team
- Design system architectures for new event source use cases and batch processes
- Teach across the broader engineering organization to improve best practices and influence system design
- Lead complex projects, influence product design and make business vs technology trade-offs during all phases of the project lifecycle, consistently delivering on time
- Help other engineers on the team increase their productivity through mentorship, coaching, and unblocking
Characteristics of a successful candidate
- Experienced in designing, developing, testing, shipping, and scaling service-oriented/distributed applications or systems.
- Strong self-management, sense of ownership, and organization. Petal’s open and collaborative environment enables proactive and organized employees to really shine.
- Displays inclusivity, kindness, and humility. Our inclusive and collaborative culture is what makes Petal a great place to work. We need diverse people who embody our core values to make it even greater.
- Collaborative, empathetic, listens with intent. Communication of complex, ever-changing business and technology concepts is hard. Creating a shared understanding and path forward via an open discussion is commonplace at Petal.
- Passionate about systems design and robust software. Our backend platform change often as we work and experiment to bring credit to as many people as we can. We are passionate about software architecture and fault tolerant production systems.
- Effective leader and (someday) manager. This is a high-growth role that can enable someone to grow into people management responsibilities through active mentorship and team leadership, especially as the company scales.
- Weighs trade-offs and focuses on value delivery. A fast-paced startup demands making trade-offs that balance the near term and long term value add of solutions. At Petal, we design robust systems, but try not to let the perfect be the enemy of the good.
- We're seeking someone with a bachelor's degree or above in a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience and interest in people management and helping others grow
- Python chops
- Experience with a microservices architecture
- Experience in a highly regulated industry such as finance or healthcare
Please let Petal know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
October 17th, 2021
Job posted on
March 3rd, 2021
Petal is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyResponsible credit for the modern world. Petal is a simple, no-fee credit card that doesn't require a credit score. A credit card without any fees, that you can apply for without a credit history, that...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.