Mission of the Position:
- Communicate with customers to determine needs and address technical questions.
- Explain common integration points and how to take advantage of them.
- Work closely with key client executive decision-makers on custom demos, product evaluations, and proof of concepts to ensure the solutions/products meets client objectives.
- Ensure continuity for the transition from Rundeck prospect to Rundeck customers.
- Deliver post-sales implementation services, support, and training.
- Process feedback from customers and share insights with Rundeck team to improve product and processes.
- Provide continuing education through online webinars for open source and paid customers.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain a deep understanding of the overall Rundeck technology portfolio and the competitive landscape.
- Provide expert guidance on Development Operations (DevOps) concepts with strong skill sets in infrastructure architecture, cloud, IT operations, security, and development technologies and processes
- Hands-on experience with Rundeck.
- Measurable competency with application servers, scripting, and network infrastructure.
- Understanding of agile development processes and how organizations adopt and implement those processes.
- Proficiency in understanding concepts and technologies in DevOps, IT operations, security, cloud, microservices, containers, and scheduling platforms.
- Experience with implementing software products or solutions to large and dynamic enterprise companies.
- Ability to write clear user documentation.
- Ability to work well in a highly dynamic/team environment that focuses on providing above industry standard presales and customer service experience.
- Ability to write clear and concise code is a plus.
- Java background highly desirable.
- System Administration or Operations experience with a range of operating systems a plus (unix, windows, macos)
- Experience with Ansible, Jenkins and/or other CI/DevOps tool sets.
- Experience with container technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes Experience with either public cloud computing providers (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure) or private cloud providers (e.g. GCP, OpenShift, Pivotal).
- Experience with enterprise Linux environments (RHEL or Ubuntu specifically).
- Automated Build and release technologies (CI)Web technologies and frameworks such as Rails, Nodejs, Grails.
- Experience with Grails or Spring framework is a plus.
- Ability to design, develop and release a new project from scratch is a plus.
- Gradle experience is a plus.
- System-level scripting is a plus.
Education and Experience:
- At least 3 years of customer success/operations/consulting/services experience on Fortune 1000 accounts, including DevOps, Software & Infrastructure Vendors.
- B.S. degree in an engineering or similar program
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
- 401K with 1% match
- Pre-tax commuter benefits, FSA, cell phone allowance and more!
- Generous parental leave
- Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
- Paid employee Volunteer Time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company wide hack weeks
- Opportunities to get involved in PagerDuty's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and other diversity initiatives. ERGs are self-organized, employee-run communities focused on advancing a sense of belonging and inclusion for all - members, advocates, and allies.
Please let PagerDuty know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
May 28th, 2021
Job posted on
December 31st, 2020
About the companyIn an always-on world, teams trust PagerDuty to help them deliver a perfect digital experience to their customers, every time. PagerDuty is the central nervous system for a company’s digital operations...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.