Outschool's mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We believe the best way to do that is by linking learning to kids’ interests, connecting them with others who share those interests, and giving them the autonomy to pick their own path. We provide small group classes that meet over live video chat where learners are connected with teachers and classmates who share their interests. These classes are offered through our marketplace and conducted on our remote learning platform.
We're an experienced team with past accomplishments at Airbnb, Square, Apple, Uber, Udemy, Amazon, Google, and many startups. We came together because we wanted to make a difference in education and saw the opportunity to empower learners, teachers, and parents.
Our business is growing explosively and as of August, 500,000 learners have taken more than over 2M class hours. We've already more than doubled our team since the beginning of 2020 from 25 to 70 to keep up with growth. We’ve raised $57M since founding with most of that still in the bank. Our sales have grown 2000% in the past year to reach a run-rate of more than $100M.
Now, in the face of mass school closures, our product and expertise has become central to many more families and organizations than ever before. We're committed to access and impact so we founded outschool.org
to offer financial assistance to families in need.
We are an effective team of senior engineers, getting a lot done by staying focused on the work that matters. We're iteratively building up a complex product for a highly engaged audience. Upcoming projects include data-driven recommendations, measuring teacher quality and learner engagement, learner profiles, integrated messaging, assignments, learning paths, growth experiments, better search, and more.
HERE ARE SOME REASONS TO JOIN US:
- Collaborative team culture that encourages pairing, iteration, and impact
- Novel vision to transform kids' education through remote teaching with live video chat
- Experienced team from Airbnb, Square, Amazon, Google, Udemy and Clever
- Lots of opportunities to make an impact by building large features end-to-end
- Consumer product with fast iteration cycles means you can have a big impact in a short time
- Proven, fast-growing marketplace business with millions of dollars in annual revenue
- Funded by top education and marketplace investors, Reach Capital and Union Square Ventures
WE LOOK FOR CANDIDATES WHO:
- Have been programming professionally and challenging themselves for at least 2 years
- Communicate clearly
- Balance big-picture perspective with attention to detail
- Take responsibility for their work
- Care about learning and education
- Have something to teach us
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and a competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.
Must be a citizen or legal resident of the U.S. or Canada and reside in U.S. or Canada.