OpenPhone is looking to add to our small and passionate team of engineers who are building a state of an art communication platform over an already existing and popular protocol, telephony.
For over a decade, business phones have stagnated in functionality and user experience while the rest of the software ecosystem evolved fast. Often these solutions are built around a legacy view of how the phone works or how people communicate.
OpenPhone is taking advantage of this unique opportunity to bring the business phone out of the stone age and redefine what it does with a fresh perspective. What we build will set the bar for years to come. We are a well funded company by investors who invest in companies that are an inevitable part of the future. You can read more about that here
If you’re looking to work at a disruptive company and build features that directly impact thousands of customers, welcome to OpenPhone.
Things you’ll do
- Work hand in hand with the rest of the product team to build features that will delight our customers and help grow the company further.
- Implement pixel perfect designs with intuitive interactions.
- Implement architectural pieces that will make the app reliable, testable and offline-first.
- Implement unit and UI automation tests.
Tech stack you'll use
- React frontend utilizing hooks for the composability of functionality.
- MobX for state management and data binding.
- Typescript as the language.
- Electron for the desktop application.
- Design system with React component library.
There's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. We're looking for an optimist with grit and determination, who is excited to face the challenges of a growing startup. OpenPhone is the type of company where you can grow, and we encourage you to apply to us even if you don't 100% match the exact candidate description.
is a new type of business phone. Our mission is to build the world’s most delightful, reliable, and smartest business phone platform.
We’re backed by Y Combinator and the best venture firms including Slow Ventures, Kindred Ventures, and others. We're serving thousands of businesses around the world and growing quickly. We take a lot of pride in providing an exceptional customer experience and a product people love. Our customers rated us #1 on all possible categories on G2 Crowd
We're a distributed team working from San Francisco, Seattle, Ottawa, Moscow, Manila, Phoenix, and Sydney.
We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.