About the Role:
The role of the Data Infrastructure Engineering team is to form the foundation for data processing and exploration at Opendoor. One component is producing a world class data set for our pricing and machine learning algorithms. Real estate data is a complex and challenging data domain, and to put things into perspective, a single piece of inaccurate data can cause hundreds of thousands of dollars of swings in home value. Another component is building platforms and tools to allow our analysts and data scientists to iterate on state of the art machine learning and pricing algorithms, which are critical to serving our customers and ensuring Opendoor is a sustainable business. As Opendoor continues to transact on billions of dollars of homes, the Data Infra team continues to lie at the core of Opendoor’s product and business strategy.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Processing large amounts of real estate and transactional data in batch and real time to generate a highly accurate world class real estate data set.
- Understanding how to quantify uncertainty with our data.
- Deriving fields from unstructured data (e.g. extracting data from home photos and satellite images with Computer vision algorithms, extracting data from MLS remarks with natural language processing).
- Performing analysis to ensure our datasets are robust and reliable for machine learning and business use cases.
- Applying deep understanding of data processing technologies to reason about engineering / design tradeoffs.
- Working with data processing technologies such as Spark, Airflow, Pytorch, Jupyter, and Pandas
We're looking for teammates who have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- 6+ years of track record in building and delivering production quality software systems
- A deep understanding of data processing technologies such as SQL, Spark, Hadoop, and Kafka
- Experience with Airflow, Luigi, or other ETL scheduling technologies
- The ability to propose and test hypothesis to problems, and drive toward the best solution whilst starting with incomplete information
- Experience with building resilient and reliable systems or data pipelines
- A focus on rapid delivery without sacrificing technical excellence
- Care for modular, performant and testable code
- Love delighting customers with honest, transparent products and experiences
- Experience working with AWS, microservice architecture, Python/Go/Scala, Kubernetes
- Experience working with GIS Data
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Please let Opendoor know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
May 28th, 2021
Job posted on
November 27th, 2020
Opendoor is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyOpendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. Since 2014, Opendoor has provided people across the US with a radically simple way to buy, sell or trade-in a home. Headquartered in ...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.