About On Deck
- On Deck is the #1 place globally for people starting something new.
- Start a startup.
- Start an angel portfolio.
- Start a podcast.
- Start a new career.
- Start something.
Who you are:
- Natural community-builder – understands the long-game, and how to cultivate positive-sum value
- High output, execution, and hustle – an ability to own all operations, and an eagerness to dive into the nitty-gritty
- Interest in learning and working in our no-code infrastructure
- Thrives in a fast-paced, often scrappy, sometimes chaotic environment
- Comfortable in ambiguity, where you'll often need to write the playbook, rather than follow an existing one. Helpful if have experience taking projects from 0 to 1.
- Has a strong "spirit of service", where you think first how you can give, rather than take, and always seeking opportunities to support the team and Fellows to the max of your ability
- Meticulously detail-oriented and organized – able to juggle many priorities while not dropping any balls
- Has great interpersonal skills, and enjoys building new relationships
- Comfortable in customer-facing roles
- Embrace the generalist mindset: doing whatever it takes to successfully go 0 to 1 and get new programs off the ground.
- Has strong communication skills - verbal, written and presentation
- Affinity for creating process, structure, and documentation
What you will do:
- Execute on operations for program kick-off: from logistics, to communications, to onboarding, to event management. Juggling all of this will require strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Involved in a mix of event hosting, communications, logistics, feedback collection + experiments, booking guest speakers, interacting with the Fellows, etc.
- You'll work within our no-code stack to set up automations, infrastructure, and landing pages for new programs (we'll help you learn, if you aren't already familiar)
- Assist Program Director in coordinating with the tech ecosystem at large to provide world-class programming and mentorship – building relationships with fellows, guest speakers, event partners, and more.
- Sweat the small stuff — ensuring we give fellows & speakers a highly professional experience with every last detail prepared, from warm intro email to thank you message
- Design and launch new experimental offerings based on feedback and your own ideas
- Creating the conditions such that each Program Director is set up to create incredible new Fellowships, while also ensuring Fellows have a mind-blowing experience, unlike any other community they've ever been part of.
What might excite you about us:
- We’re tackling a big problem with even bigger potential. Participants in our existing Fellowships say great things about us.
- You’ll be able to work remotely and (mostly) set your own schedule. On Deck was a remote-first team even before COVID, so we know what makes for a great remote environment.
- You'll have a lot of flexibility in your role, and will be able to help define what our operations infrastructure looks like going forward.
- We're backed by a who’s who of the biggest names in the venture investing world, including Village Global, Marc Andreessen, Keith Rabois, Chris Dixon, Balaji Srinivasan, Bloomberg Beta, and so many more. (Read more about our fundraise and 50-year vision here.)
Why you might *not* be excited about us:
- We're small (~40 people in the company now), so if you like more established companies, this role isn’t for you. You'll help create our company's culture.
- We're an early stage startup. Projects and priorities are likely to shift.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven, and works incredibly hard to push towards our lofty ambitions. Most people won’t be cut out for it.
- You should be comfortable with just a dash of chaos. This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do every day.
- On Deck is an unabashedly pro-startup, pro-tech organization. If that’s not your thing, this isn’t the place for you.
Please let On Deck know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
May 8th, 2021
Job posted on
January 18th, 2021
About the companyOn Deck is building a modern education institution: a platform serving the many strands of identity of ambitious people who want to change the world. We started with the On Deck Founder Fellowship (OD...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.