What You’ll Be Doing
- Expertly research, design, and prototype new user experiences based on product requirements
- Gather and make sense of user goals, needs and problems
- Communicate solutions visually through sketching, storyboards, flows, etc.
- Craft rapid prototypes for team communication and user testing
- Translate UIs across all devices and screen sizes (we use Sketch, but are always open to exploring new tools).
- Drive the development and communication of clear design guidelines, patterns, libraries, and assets — and work closely with the development team to implement the vision (we use Zeplin for design-developer handoff)
- Validate designs through research, including competitive analysis, data & analytics, and direct interaction with clients and end-users
- Prioritize different design problems by understanding their significance and impact on our overall ecosystem
- Advocate for the end users of our products and communicate value of your work to our internal teams and external customers. Contribute to the development of the Olo design language and system
- Coach, mentor, and inspire the other members of your team
What We’ll Expect From You
- 3 years of experience as a product designer
- A strong portfolio demonstrating UX and visual design principles and technical expertise (application requires a link to your portfolio)
- A real passion for user-centered design, and eye for visual design, and an understanding of how to unite user goals with business goals
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of Sketch, Whimsical, Zeplin, Marvelapp, and other design tools.
- UX disciplines such as UX research methods, information architecture, usability testing and content strategies.
- Visual design expertise
- Experience working with software developers
- Collaborative and communicative by nature
- Bachelor’s degree
- Authorized for employment in the U.S without the need for Olo sponsorship
What’s Important to Olo
- Our families come first. We know they make us who we are and they are who we live and work for every day.
- Olo is our extended family. We’re in this together, fighting for one another. We’re happy to be here. We will not let one another down.
- We learn from and fight through setbacks. We recognize and help one another with direct feedback.
- We care about you. We offer 20 days of paid time off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan.
- We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed to doing our part to move the needle.
- Learn more about our culture, values, and mission. https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
Please let Olo know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
May 4th, 2021
Job posted on
September 19th, 2020
About the companyOlo powers digital ordering and delivery programs that connect restaurant brands to the on-demand world, placing orders directly into the restaurant through all order origination points – from a brand’...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.