A few examples of what we have in store:
- Brand new features for facilitating major real estate transactions, connecting real estate agents, title agents, buyers, lenders, and other stakeholders in these transactions
- Building out features, integrations and possibly new UIs for new vertical markets
- Creating new SDKs and APIs to allow users to build out their own apps that integrate with various Notarize services
- Major platform scalability and security improvements, to prepare for orders of magnitude more traffic
- Digital signing certificates - possibly including setting up our own hardware security module or becoming our own certificate authority
- Evolving our platform towards a more modular architecture
- Rethinking our mobile app platform - possibly moving towards cross platform apps or a fully responsive web app
- The main pieces of our back-end stack are Ruby on Rails 6.0.3, Postgres through AWS RDS, Redis/Sidekiq and Heroku. We also use React.js and GraphQL with Apollo on the front-end, but we consider ourselves platform agnostic. A willingness to learn and experiment with new tech is much more important than hands-on experience with our current stack. Most importantly, we want thoughtful, collaborative engineers who are comfortable adapting to new technology and new opportunities. We are solving complex challenges to scale our tech stack 10X, 100X to meet the rapid growth of the company.
What you'll do as a Staff/Principal Back-End Engineer at Notarize:
- Lead the design and implementation of new product capabilities, as well as the evolution of existing ones
- Establish and champion the adoption of high quality software development practices, from tech design to deploy-to-production
- Mentor and coach fellow engineers of all levels
- Impact the technical direction of not only your team but the engineering organization as a whole
- Directly drive customer impact of our products by partnering with others across the organization to solve the problems that matter the most to our customers
- As we continue to expand our engineering department, there will be opportunities for formal team leadership positions if that aligns with your goals
What we're looking for:
- Ten plus years of experience in product software development
- Practical knowledge and experience with software development best practices and processes and the ability to put those into play in a team environment
Our Engineering Culture:
- Learn it: You will tackle complex tech problems in areas of performance, scalability and security. You will innovate on our existing solutions, as well as learn new ways to invent our future. You will share your knowledge and experience with other engineers.
- Communicate it: You'll be part of a small, cross-functional team (no silos) with a highly collaborative process that values thoughtful communication, not just with other engineers but with all parts of the organization.
- Ship it: We release to production weekly, with multiple interim builds to testing environments. All builds depend on continuous, automated end-to-end integration tests.
- Fix it: We’re a small startup with big plans, and there’s so much to do. Whether it’s an antiquated legal process, an edge-case user interaction, a quirky piece of code, or a desk that hasn’t been put together yet, we show up every day with the goal of digging in and leaving something better than we found it.
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Paid parental leave
- Annual budget for personal learning & development
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Paid lunches (through Grubhub) & regular Lunch & Learn sessions
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.
Please let Notarize know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
April 30th, 2021
Job posted on
January 13th, 2021
About the companyNotarize, the first online notary platform, allows any person or business to legally notarize a document online, anytime. Simply download the app or register online, prove your identity, fill out your ...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.