Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 208 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
We are seeking a Senior Tax Analyst, Production Tax (equivalent to a Manager at a public accounting firm) to support our Netflix Original Animation productions with all production tax/incentive related matters. This includes managing global production incentives and providing tax planning and structuring support for Netflix’s growing animation studio. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational and communication skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
Support Original Animation productions with all tax and incentive matters
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of domestic and international film, television and animation production incentives
- Evaluate and apply for production incentives (both domestic and international), and support the operational, audit, and monetization phases
- Provide tax advice to the production teams, especially in regards to talent engagement, tax withholding and indirect taxes
- Coordinate with external advisors and the broader tax compliance and provision teams to review international statutory accounts and tax returns, ensure incentive compliance, and maximize internal utilization
- Liaise with the content accounting team on financial reporting of the incentives
- Research complex tax issues and prepare technical documentation
Work closely with physical production, production finance, treasury, legal and business affairs teams on various business, tax and incentive planning matters
Align with Studio Policy to monitor and analyze existing and proposed tax/ incentive legislation, and assist in defining and implementing appropriate international tax planning strategies
You embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view
4 to 7+ years of experience, including public accounting or industry experience
CPA or JD preferred but not required
We find that individuals who quickly obtained Manager level at a studio or public accounting firm are more likely to be suited to this unique challenge. If you’re a Manager or a rising star Senior Tax Associate, we’d love to talk to you!
Experience in tax issues relating to studio and/or animated productions preferred
Strong production finance experience within live action or animation, in lieu of tax experience, will be considered
International tax consulting experience preferred
Please let Netflix know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
July 1st, 2021
Job posted on
June 1st, 2021
Netflix is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
To apply, you must have a permit to work in:
About the companyNetflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with over 195 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of ...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.