Mozilla Corporation, the non-profit-backed technology powerhouse, has been a beacon for a better internet over the past 25 years. Home to groundbreaking brands like Firefox and Pocket, we stand at the forefront of online privacy and content curation. With over 225 million users globally relying on our products each month, our trajectory for the next quarter-century is as ambitious as it is essential. Our multidisciplinary work spans AI, social media, and cybersecurity, all while staying true to our mission: an internet that elevates everyone. As part of the Mozilla family, you’ll work alongside 60,000+ passionate contributors, crafting open-source software for a more equitable online experience.
About this team and role:
- Ensure cohesive project oversight, aligning with strategic vision while advocating for design innovation.
- Drive the evolution of Firefox's design language, improving user interaction and brand distinctiveness.
- Facilitate design discovery in collaboration with cross-functional teams, influencing product development with user-centric research and insights.
- Streamline delivery execution, optimizing workflows and ensuring high-quality design outcomes.
- Invest in mentoring and developing the team, nurturing a learning culture that adopts the latest trends and best practices in design.
What you’ll do:
- Lead design initiatives across multiple projects, ensuring alignment with strategic business goals.
- Evolve and refine Mozilla's design language, establishing a coherent and impactful user experience.
- Coordinate on user research and market analysis to inform innovative design strategies.
- Enhance design delivery by streamlining processes and encouraging inter-departmental collaboration.
- Mentor junior designers, fostering professional growth and cultivating a culture of excellence within the team.
- You will report directly to the Director of UX for Firefox Desktop and you will lead or otherwise provide direction on projects encompassing the desktop product.
What you’ll bring:
- 8+ years of experience in UX/Product Design, with a portfolio that showcases a deep understanding of user-centered design principles.
- Advanced proficiency in design tools and software, with the ability to guide and improve team usage and standard methodologies.
- Experience in leading design projects from conception to completion, across multiple platforms and devices.
- A track record of mentoring and developing design talent, with a passion for encouraging a collaborative and inclusive team environment.
- Commitment to our values:
- Welcoming differences
- Being relationship-minded
- Practicing responsible participation
- Having grit
What you’ll get:
- Generous performance-based bonus plans to all eligible employees - we share in our success as one team
- Rich medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous retirement contributions with 100% immediate vesting (regardless of whether you contribute)
- Quarterly all-company wellness days where everyone takes a pause together
- Country specific holidays plus a day off for your birthday
- One-time home office stipend
- Annual professional development budget
- Quarterly well-being stipend
- Considerable paid parental leave
- Employee referral bonus program
- Other benefits (life/ADD, disability, EAP, etc. - varies by country)
When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online. We’re not a normal tech company. The things we create prioritize people and their privacy over profits. We exist to make the internet a healthier, happier place for everyone
Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
Mozilla believes in the value of diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge, and knows diversity, equity and inclusion are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.