What You'll Do:
- Own and develop the product vision and roadmap for high-visibility products that enable readers and creators on Medium to discover and connect with others in the network.
- In collaboration with our UX team, conduct research into opportunities to foster community and connection between readers and creators. Synthesize research findings with learnings from User Happiness and Data Science to develop an opinion on the highest-impact initiatives.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, and Medium’s in-house editorial team within an agile process to develop features.
- Balance technical and UX debt against launching and iterating on new features quickly. Maintain a high bar for accessibility and performance as core to a good user experience.
- Evangelize the team’s work to the organization and regularly engage in robust dialogue with executive leadership about your product(s).
Who Are You?
- You have at least 4 years experience as a PM working on consumer web and/or mobile applications.
- You can consider multiple customers at once, bridging the needs of creators as well as readers to identify solutions that are beneficial to both.
- You have proven experience working collaboratively with design and engineering peers, and defining solutions with cross-functional partners. Bonus points if you’ve worked on large-scale social networks or communities.
- You are an excellent communicator. You are comfortable having conversations with executives and junior team members (and everyone in between) as part of your daily work.
- You welcome the challenge of defining success for products that cannot be easily judged by A/B test results. You have strong product instincts, and know how to validate them with data.
Please let Medium know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
April 22nd, 2021
Job posted on
December 6th, 2020
Medium is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyWelcome to Medium, where words matter. Medium taps into the brains of the world’s most insightful writers, thinkers, and storytellers to bring you the smartest takes on topics that matter. So whatever ...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.